So what did you do with your truck today?

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the shackle and bushing suppose to have such an interference fit like this? I'm at the point of reassembly and wasn't really expecting this sort of tight fit. The numbers on the parts are correct accord to energy suspensions website, but maybe I missed something.
You must be registered for see images attach

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Flatbed is almost on. Just working on setting up the mounts to make it level.

Attachments

• IMG_20210731_181529869.jpg
    IMG_20210731_181529869.jpg
    456.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20210731_182949947.jpg
    IMG_20210731_182949947.jpg
    508.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20210731_183132571.jpg
    IMG_20210731_183132571.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 6

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is the shackle and bushing suppose to have such an interference fit like this? I'm at the point of reassembly and wasn't really expecting this sort of tight fit. The numbers on the parts are correct accord to energy suspensions website, but maybe I missed something.

That's with the metal sleeve inside right? I thought the metal sleeve should be pretty much the same width as the bushing so it doesn't compress like that? I could be wrong, but I agree that doesn't quite look right to me.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's with the metal sleeve inside right? I thought the metal sleeve should be pretty much the same width as the bushing so it doesn't compress like that? I could be wrong, but I agree that doesn't quite look right to me.
I didn't use poly bushings for mine so I can't say. That is tight. With poly I would probably just run it. But if you have the down time call Energy on Monday unless they are open on weekends.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got to fix something on my pickup today! I dropped the crossover pipe and the lower half of the up-pipe to re-seal them. I had used copper anti-seize about 2 years ago with great immediate results, but max boost has been dropping over time.

I was very pleasantly surprised to see that every joint was clean and sealed except the expansion joint in the up-pipe.
For that joint only, this time I used a chimney cement which has silicate in it that is like sand. This actually took up the slop really well and unless it blows out should work nicely.
I used copper RTV for everything else since it worked so well before, plus the tolerances are a lot smaller.

I also dismounted a tire I'm pretty sure is out-of-round and clocked the wheel 90* to the tire and re-mounted. (Which takes a lot longer to do than to type!)
I'm pretty bummed about it too, I love everything about these tires but one of them has to be out of round. Of course it took me forever to figure out what the problem was and I can't return it. So much for saving money doing my own tires.
-cuss

But really it was a good time working on ol Audrey. :)

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep metal sleeve is in there. I decided to put a little more force on it and it seems to bend smoothly, so I think its okay, just tight.
I didn't use poly bushings for mine so I can't say. That is tight. With poly I would probably just run it. But if you have the down time call Energy on Monday unless they are open on weekends.
I'll probably put it together and call them on monday. Didn't finish the one side today, but its mostly reassembled the one side. The wife needed rescue from baby for a bit.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me and @Dane Rickford finally got the chance to meet up in the mountains. We spent about 3 hours figuring out how to start the little charcoal barbecue that I brought and then I burnt some hot dogs for us. We timed my truck finally and it was a little retarded. Was a nice day out too!

Attachments

• BA482A67-9CEF-44F7-8E20-ADB2D1A33144.jpeg
    BA482A67-9CEF-44F7-8E20-ADB2D1A33144.jpeg
    476.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 442C4A43-D8EC-4130-8942-FDE715A31687.jpeg
    442C4A43-D8EC-4130-8942-FDE715A31687.jpeg
    221 KB · Views: 12
  • C93C0728-9F18-4972-BFC7-539C5D60D167.jpeg
    C93C0728-9F18-4972-BFC7-539C5D60D167.jpeg
    620.4 KB · Views: 12

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
looks right, make sure the weight of the truck is on the springs before the final tourque

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is back on it's own wheels.Thanks for all the help! Second side went a lot faster than the first.

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the driver side valve cover gasket to slow the oil dripping..... hopefully I will have the other side done.... got a feeling it’s an all day job.

WAID

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the driver side valve cover gasket to slow the oil dripping..... hopefully I will have the other side done.... got a feeling it’s an all day job.
I did that earlier this year. It really wasn't too bad, actually easier than the drivers side for me. I did have to take off the filter housing and fiddle around with a wide assortment of socket and ratchet combinations to get a couple of the back bolts. My starter no longer lives in an oil bath and I can go multiple fuel fill ups now before adding oil.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Retarded. Meet up in the mountains. Burning hot dogs....

Whole lot of no good could be made from that there post, by a really motivated individual...

LOL
I can see some new threads being started -

My Ford IDI truck is so retarded it .......... (Or take it next level - your Mama's IDI is so retarded it....)
How many Ford owners does it take to light a BBQ?
How hot is too hot when it comes to cooking Oscar Meyer's ******?LOL

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally pulled the plug and ordered injectors from Russ, 7" timing tape, and some O-rings for the FSV shower heads. Hopefully this will be the end of my white smoke @ cold start, hoping to go camping with my boat soon and don't want to smoke out the campgrounds

Anyone know where I can get new "shower heads" for the FSV quick disconnects?

Last edited:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have a friend who needs to borrow a flat bed trailer so I took mine from the garage and left it in my back yard at the house so he can grab it when he wants to. I also left my chain hoist there. He's picking up a flat bed for a truck and is going to leave it under a tree at his house so he needs the chain hoist to unload it. Yes he does live out in the country.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    404.7 KB · Views: 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight