So what did you do with your truck today?

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
That probably wouldn't work very well with a diesel. Smart choice.

Yeah, although supposedly the "HS" that was used with the 460 is set at 2000rpm and "supposedly" the diesel TC was set at 1800rpm so who knows how much that would really change how it operates. Its NOS so i'll hang on to it as a just in case backup.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i picked up a lill somthin for the chopping block!

You must be registered for see images attach

dan-o

Reaction score
Is that a SIX door pickup truck? I don't think I've ever seen one like that! Badass. I bet it's like turning a locomotive. So much for the Starbuck's drive thru!!! What year is the Ranchero? Looks like an '62 or maybe a little later. Nice score!

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Is that a SIX door pickup truck? I don't think I've ever seen one like that! Badass. I bet it's like turning a locomotive. So much for the Starbuck's drive thru!!! What year is the Ranchero? Looks like an '62 or maybe a little later. Nice score!
Starbucks? That's for Prius drivers,lol

Rock

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

the wheel base is that of a stock CC LB.
i didnt modify it, yet. lol

starbucks? never heard of her

white one is a 63.
red one is a 62

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
I don’t speak S***bucks and don’t want to. I’m happy with the coffee at the local gas station!

In fact I hate when I can only get S***bucks at the airport because they have the exclusive contract. I’ll ask for a large cup of coffee and they stare at me and blink as if they don’t understand what I just said. “A Grande?” No, just whatever your biggest coffee is thanks.

ISPKI

Reaction score
I don’t speak S***bucks and don’t want to. I’m happy with the coffee at the local gas station!

In fact I hate when I can only get S***bucks at the airport because they have the exclusive contract. I’ll ask for a large cup of coffee and they stare at me and blink as if they don’t understand what I just said. “A Grande?” No, just whatever your biggest coffee is thanks.

See ive been going to the starbucks around my area for years and ive never seen the baristas do that. Something to keep in mind though is that the starbucks at airports arent starbucks, theyre just some franchise person paying starbucks to sell their coffee and their logos.

The actual starbucks stores hold their employees to far higher values than any of these dunkins and what not. They pay better, they offer better benefits, and their customer service is head and shoulders superior to any of these other stores ive been to, even though all I ever get is a generic coffee or shots of espresso.

ISPKI

Reaction score
Also - New flex plate is bolted in, transmission is mounted up, just waiting out the rain to get the top two bolts in before I tighten the torque converter down.

Then I just have to bolt in the drive shaft carrier bearing and the drive shaft and Ole Pearly Edwards is back on the road!

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Starbucks? That's for Prius drivers,lol

Rock
I’ve piled up the Starbucks drive through many a time with the ol’ 6.9. I enjoy myself a good mocha cookie crumble Frappuccino LOL. I don’t know if you guys out east have even heard of
Dutch Brothers but It is pretty big out on the west coast. I usually will prefer them over starbucks most of the time.

gandalf

Reaction score
...I’ll ask for a large cup of coffee and they stare at me and blink as if they don’t understand what I just said. “A Grande?” No, just whatever your biggest coffee is thanks.

Those are the same people who can't figure out how much change to give you when you pay cash until the register tells them an amount.:dunno:idiot:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnlx