So what did you do with your truck today?

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Maybe we should start a "CDA" group, Coffee Drinkers Anonymous...

We have an old family friend who owns a coffee shop a couple towns over. His wife sources the beans and he roasts them all in an old roaster right in the middle of the shop. Best coffee ive ever had was pouring a super fine grind of their dark roast thru a chemex drip. I use an Espro press most mornings.

Also - Just to keep this on track so the admins dont get mad. I finished the flex plate and starter install on Pearly, and boy howdy does that thing crank hard. I had installed 0000 + and - cables already and new silver grounds all around. Truck fired up in a couple seconds of cranking after sitting for almost 2 weeks while I worked on it.

Also installed my modified 4" exhaust collector pipe and that thing was a total PITA. Just waiting for a length of 4" flex pipe so I can install the remainder of the exhaust piping.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I normally prefer a light roast or “breakfast blend” as some places call it. I like the light roast from Circle K with some Equal and French Vanilla Creamer. Or if I make coffee at home, the big red can of coffee from Sam’s (House brand) is what I make.

But…. Momma likes Starbucks…. So we stopped to get her, her Mocha Choka Bulls**t… and I had realized I forgot to get a cup of coffee at the gas station…. Worst mistake I made was trying to order coffee flavored coffee from Starbucks…..

Some of you will get the coffee flavored coffee reference…..

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't been to Starbucks specifically, but we have a local place that I get coffee from. I'm not a snob by any means, but it is better than the gas station and local. If plain ol' coffee is what you want they're happy to oblige. You just get the cup and you can fill it yourself or they'll fill it, as many times as you want. Usually I just go inside as it'***** or miss whether we can hear each other over the engine noise with the window open. One drive through I frequent though is Dairy Queen. Peanut Buster Parfaits are one of my vices. At this point they probably just get one started when they see/hear me in the line.
Lol just turn off the engine to say your order. I rarely do drive-through anything but when I do that's the only hope we've got. Otherwise you're just the dufus that won't do the obvious thing to help out.

:joker::joker:

Edit: for those of you thinking a French press is all fancy and fru-fru it's actually very simple and practical. Just a filter that pushes down so the grounds stay in the press and the liquid pep comes out. The filter on your 80's pickup truck is far more fancy than a French press. :D

These coffee talks are even more fun now that I quit drinking it. :Thumbs Up I don't have a horse in the race so I just get to enjoy the banter.

Last edited:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we still talking about laxitives?

speaking about taking a shOt....

bearings were clickin....
have to get in there before they chunk!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Good time to do the axle shaft u-joint. Save yourself a whole bunch of time not having to pull it all apart again later.

Also if your brakes are less than 30% maybe time to do the brakes and rotors and be ship shape for the long haul.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good time to do the axle shaft u-joint. Save yourself a whole bunch of time not having to pull it all apart again later.

Also if your brakes are less than 30% maybe time to do the brakes and rotors and be ship shape for the long haul.
u joints were done last year, and the bearings looked ok at the time...
pads and pins will be replaced as well

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
we still talking about laxitives?

speaking about taking a shOt....

bearings were clickin....
have to get in there before they chunk!!!

Yeah french presses are about as close to an IDI as you can get. Invented around WW1 by an Italian fella, contrary to the name, they werent invented in France at all.

How does one hear the bearings clicking in these trucks? I can barely hear myself think in mine...

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah french presses are about as close to an IDI as you can get. Invented around WW1 by an Italian fella, contrary to the name, they werent invented in France at all.

How does one hear the bearings clicking in these trucks? I can barely hear myself think in mine...
gotta have a keen sense of hearing....
trust me i hear every oddball noise, even with this under the hood

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
front bearings and brakes are done.

time to install a locker, and install new rear shackles...
i think these ones have had it

new style going in