So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you ever finish it?

I got it mostly done, then I found more stuff wrong with it and stopped caring at that point. We're going to just strip it and if my buddy doesn't want to use it for a trailer I'm going to put the axles under my flatbed that has crappy motorhome axles.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got it mostly done, then I found more stuff wrong with it and stopped caring at that point. We're going to just strip it and if my buddy doesn't want to use it for a trailer I'm going to put the axles under my flatbed that has crappy motorhome axles.
For the most part, RV build quality is awful at best. Once you get digging, it's a real can of worms...

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got so many projects...

Sometimes you just have to let it go, and move on.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's part of it too. I can't get one done because another is in the way... I enjoy projects but it's hard to enjoy them when they're running you instead of the other way around!

This one needs a little caulk and a good wash and it should be fine so one less thing to fuss over!

The other one I think the rest of the roof was starting to go too :(

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I feel this...

My big project is the restoration of my parent's 1969 Corvette. I jokingly... but kind of searously call it my retirement project. As if I'm ever going to find time to retire. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Yanked the original flexplate out of my superduty and installed a new one. Yeaaahh those teeth look like they have 205k on them... probably wouldnt stand up to my new powermaster starter very long.

Also fabricating a new exhaust system, 4" ID, I cut halfway in where the two collector pipes come together, squashed the round pipe down into an oval to match, smoothed the welds down so theres nowhere for moisture to collect and rust out and painted with VHT high temp epoxy paint.

You must be registered for see images attach

ISPKI

Reaction score
I am very excited. I used to live in Oregon and I really miss that type of environment/scenery

My sister and her husband live just outside of Eugene. Absolutely serene landscape and the coast reminds me of Ireland.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil on my other Ford during lunch

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Yanked the original flexplate out of my superduty and installed a new one. Yeaaahh those teeth look like they have 205k on them... probably wouldnt stand up to my new powermaster starter very long.

Also fabricating a new exhaust system, 4" ID, I cut halfway in where the two collector pipes come together, squashed the round pipe down into an oval to match, smoothed the welds down so theres nowhere for moisture to collect and rust out and painted with VHT high temp epoxy paint.

Yes your PowerMaster starter would have eaten those sawed off teeth for lunch! I have seen some bad ones, but never that bad. Some of those teeth are 85-90% gone. Well now you are good to go! What did you decide on the TC?

Last edited:

ISPKI

Reaction score
Yes your PowerMaster starter would have eaten those sawed off teath for lunch! I have seen some bad ones, but never that bad. Some of those teeth are 85-90% gone. Well now you are good to go! What did you decide on the TC?

Well the TC that is in there has a 2013 install date on it and looks like it might be an ATS unit, the name is kind of rubbed off so its hard to tell but I decided to leave it in there. The new TC that I have is a high stall version also so I am not even sure I will end up using it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online