So what did you do with your truck today?

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just realized that I’ve been on this forum since I was 15, now I’m 18. It’s been a few years and I have no idea what anybody looks like, I’m hoping at some point I’ll be able to meet all of you guys LOL
There's usually a memorial day get together in the San Jose / SFBA, it got cancelled last year due to the pandemic and i don't know what we're doing this year. Whenever the next one is though, come on by! We got BBQ and IDI's :D

https://www.oilburners.net/threads/west-side-2019-gtg.85070/

This was the last GTG. We ran over some cars. It was a party LOL

Oldschool280

Reaction score
Stretched the trucks legs today, ran a machine for a guy . Combo weighs 10,000 ish. We do have a big hill that had me in second at 24 mpg. I could almmost grab third, wished i had the -47 trans. But overall very respectable job it did. We also hauled a few safes. One weighed 1300 pounds. Best truck ever

You must be registered for see images attach

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stretched the trucks legs today, ran a machine for a guy . Combo weighs 10,000 ish. We do have a big hill that had me in second at 24 mpg. I could almmost grab third, wished i had the -47 trans. But overall very respectable job it did. We also hauled a few safes. One weighed 1300 pounds. Best truck ever

IMHO the 2nd to 3rd jump is too wide. Been there several times... tacked out in 2nd, but just barely can't pull the grade in 3rd....

I've seriously considered a Gear Vendor because of this... but other priorities get in the way.

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
7.3L IDIT with a Banks Sidewinder
ZF 5-spd manual transmission

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO the 2nd to 3rd jump is too wide. Been there several times... tacked out in 2nd, but just barely can't pull the grade in 3rd....

I've seriously considered a Gear Vendor because of this... but other priorities get in the way.

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
7.3L IDIT with a Banks Sidewinder
ZF 5-spd manual transmission

Yeah it is really annoying.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m not sure if you can tell from the photo but when I put these mirrors on 2 years ago, I drilled the holes too far forwards. Rookie mistake. Whenever they were folded in I literally couldn’t see out of them because I would be looking through the wing window so I just left them out looking like a wannabe Dodge Ram. Now I don’t have to do that anymore. I felt pretty accomplished.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
My engine tear down continues. Pistons all look fine. Rods show .002 thousands clearance as found. Crank on number 1 main shows .003...Maybe .004 thousands.Will be rechecking later. TOO HOT today to work plus is Sunday....

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to tighten the one bolt holding my vacuum pump on, and i found out why it was loose. The pivot bolt went MIA, and the hole in the bracket for the adjustment bolt was stripped. The PO got it juuuust tight enough to hold for X amount of years, and i never had to touch it in my 8 years of ownership since tensioning the alternator always got the vac pump belt just right too.

So i took a knife, cut the vacuum hose, and just yanked the whole assembly out. Vacuum is an optional extra on hydroboost trucks and i'm never gonna stop loving that fact LOL

I notice the lift pump is now suuuuuuuper easy to see and get to. It's definitely the original pump, 328k miles and still going strong! I'm considering putting a new lift pump in just to freshen it up, and maybe i'll just keep the vacuum pump delete and put an electric vacuum pump in its place.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Almost burnt up a truck! I went to start up the 88 f250, and when it fired up I saw a bunch of smoke coming from under the hood and it smelt like electrical:confused:. I popped the hood of course killed the motor and noticed it was one of the stupid fusible links going up in flames. Thankfully it didn't get out of hand. Something tells me this wire can't be reused!lol

I just replaced it with an inline fuse I had on hand, and it's all good now.

Rock

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i put in a new rad last week, today i went to the junkyard with my friend and got a highliner headliner with speaker holes and a 6.9 filter head, and when we got back to his house we realized that the RF top shock mount and the top of my shock fell off at somepoint.

any reconmendations on where to get front shock mounts, i want to be able to drive the truck again soon

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got to open up my seized engine and see what was rattling around in there, I got a trophy! Kinda looks like a piston skirt and the part where the connecting rod is connected. The good news is it rotates by hand so maybe it will be salvageable for a rebuild

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online