1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So what did you do with your truck today?

Discussion in '6.9L IH & 7.3L IDI Diesels' started by GOOSE, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Golden Helmet

Golden Helmet Full Access Member

There's usually a memorial day get together in the San Jose / SFBA, it got cancelled last year due to the pandemic and i don't know what we're doing this year. Whenever the next one is though, come on by! We got BBQ and IDI's :D

https://www.oilburners.net/threads/west-side-2019-gtg.85070/

This was the last GTG. We ran over some cars. It was a party LOL

1mouse3, Laine D and chillman88 like this.
  2. bilbo

bilbo Full Access Member

I got a tonneau cover for a super duty for cheap. I had to cut it down a couple inches and make some rails to account for the super duty bed taper. It’s far from perfect but it looks like it will work!

5FDBE71C-CC74-4CC2-8183-1B33ED41FECD.jpeg

3. Oldschool280

Oldschool280 Registered User

Stretched the trucks legs today, ran a machine for a guy . Combo weighs 10,000 ish. We do have a big hill that had me in second at 24 mpg. I could almmost grab third, wished i had the -47 trans. But overall very respectable job it did. We also hauled a few safes. One weighed 1300 pounds. Best truck ever

1A5CCA85-ABBE-4C47-BFAA-FEE36759304C.jpeg

Dane Rickford, Selahdoor and square1 like this.
  4. jrollf

jrollf Full Access Member

IMHO the 2nd to 3rd jump is too wide. Been there several times... tacked out in 2nd, but just barely can't pull the grade in 3rd....

I've seriously considered a Gear Vendor because of this... but other priorities get in the way.

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
    7.3L IDIT with a Banks Sidewinder
    ZF 5-spd manual transmission

Laine D likes this.
  5. Laine D

Laine D Full Access Member

Yeah it is really annoying.

6. hacked89

hacked89 Full Access Member

Buttoning up the engine stand with some uphill arc (smaw) and teaching friends mig
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

subway, Laine D, chillman88 and 3 others like this.
  7. Laine D

I’m not sure if you can tell from the photo but when I put these mirrors on 2 years ago, I drilled the holes too far forwards. Rookie mistake. Whenever they were folded in I literally couldn’t see out of them because I would be looking through the wing window so I just left them out looking like a wannabe Dodge Ram. Now I don’t have to do that anymore. I felt pretty accomplished.

DB21635E-C59E-4DEB-AAEA-BF5B2132D599.jpeg

Farmer Rock and Selahdoor like this.
  8. Selahdoor

Selahdoor How can I help you, or make you laugh, today? Supporting Member

Now it climbs walls! Where'd you get those? LOL

9. Laine D

Haha. The mirrors I found at a junkyard

10. icanfixall

icanfixall Official GMM hand model

My engine tear down continues. Pistons all look fine. Rods show .002 thousands clearance as found. Crank on number 1 main shows .003...Maybe .004 thousands.Will be rechecking later. TOO HOT today to work plus is Sunday....

11. Golden Helmet

Golden Helmet Full Access Member

I tried to tighten the one bolt holding my vacuum pump on, and i found out why it was loose. The pivot bolt went MIA, and the hole in the bracket for the adjustment bolt was stripped. The PO got it juuuust tight enough to hold for X amount of years, and i never had to touch it in my 8 years of ownership since tensioning the alternator always got the vac pump belt just right too.

So i took a knife, cut the vacuum hose, and just yanked the whole assembly out. Vacuum is an optional extra on hydroboost trucks and i'm never gonna stop loving that fact LOL

I notice the lift pump is now suuuuuuuper easy to see and get to. It's definitely the original pump, 328k miles and still going strong! I'm considering putting a new lift pump in just to freshen it up, and maybe i'll just keep the vacuum pump delete and put an electric vacuum pump in its place.

Farmer Rock likes this.
  12. Farmer Rock

Farmer Rock just a fella' without a 10mm socket

Almost burnt up a truck! I went to start up the 88 f250, and when it fired up I saw a bunch of smoke coming from under the hood and it smelt like electrical:confused:. I popped the hood of course killed the motor and noticed it was one of the stupid fusible links going up in flames. Thankfully it didn't get out of hand. Something tells me this wire can't be reused!lol 20210418_180635.jpg
    I just replaced it with an inline fuse I had on hand, and it's all good now.

Rock

Laine D, Scotty4 and hacked89 like this.
  13. miles1400

miles1400 Full Access Member

i put in a new rad last week, today i went to the junkyard with my friend and got a highliner headliner with speaker holes and a 6.9 filter head, and when we got back to his house we realized that the RF top shock mount and the top of my shock fell off at somepoint.

any reconmendations on where to get front shock mounts, i want to be able to drive the truck again soon

14. chillman88

chillman88 Supporting Member Supporting Member

15. ComatoseLlama

ComatoseLlama Full Access Member

Finally got to open up my seized engine and see what was rattling around in there, I got a trophy! Kinda looks like a piston skirt and the part where the connecting rod is connected. The good news is it rotates by hand so maybe it will be salvageable for a rebuild

IMG_0182.PNG

1mouse3 and Farmer Rock like this.