So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to town for a haircut and the carwash is right next door, so Diego got a bath after the snowy mess we got Wednesday and Thursday.

Now that it's warmer I was able to crawl over and jimmy the hood on the parts truck. Pulled off the grille.

Pulled the screws/snaps off the old grille pieces for the screen/blanket and drilled the pilot holes so I could screw them to the new one.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm missing one, I think I have it somewhere but I couldn't find it.

The plastic grilles don't fair very well vs deer!

But I finally went from this:

To this!

That was bugging me more than it should! Glad to have it look like a truck again!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The plastic grilles don't fair very well vs deer!
No they don't. Neither does a 1995 ******. My 1984 Mustang survived one with just a little bit of paint cracked on the front bumper cover. That was a little one and I almost missed it. The deer didn't do so well so I had to get out and cut it's throat since it couldn't move it's back legs.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
No they don't. Neither does a 1995 ******. My 1984 Mustang survived one with just a little bit of paint cracked on the front bumper cover. That was a little one and I almost missed it. The deer didn't do so well so I had to get out and cut it's throat since it couldn't move it's back legs.
That is always a hard thing to do, but is definitely for the best.

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I had to do that one other time too. I was driving my last Dent Side home one night around 10:00 and pulling a trailer with it. I was going down a two lane highway and I saw a deer head pop up in the ditch right in front of me. I hit the brakes and swerved into the other lane to avoid the deer. As I got back into my lane, it dawned on me that the deer had been moving funny. Something about it just didn't seem right. I had to go a couple of miles farther to find a dirt road to turn off on and then had to go a ways down that until I could find a place to turn the trailer around in the dark. I finally got close to where I had seen the deer. I drove across the other lane and down into the ditch. I drove slowly down the ditch until I came back to it again. Sure enough, it was another one that was crippled on the back end, so out came the pocket knife once again. I do this because even though it's talking about hunting, Kansas law basically says that you're not supposed to let a deer suffer. You must do whatever you can to put the deer down quickly. Also it's the humane thing to do.

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the beast beach camping. [emoji2]

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
7.3L IDIT with a Banks Sidewinder
ZF 5-spd manual transmission