So what did you do with your truck today?

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I got a 184 that will need at least a ring job. It was a church mower and is fitted with a custom 6 foot mower and 6 foot blade. It is a looooooong story, but will be for sale,so if anybody wants a 184 for $800, let me know,lol.:Thumbs Up

Rock

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a 184 that will need at least a ring job. It was a church mower and is fitted with a custom 6 foot mower and 6 foot blade. It is a looooooong story, but will be for sale,so if anybody wants a 184 for $800, let me know,lol.:Thumbs Up

Rock

I just told you I don't want to sleep in the barn LOL

I swear it's a good thing she's like that though or I'd probably have a fleet of them, I've seen a few in the 600-800 range.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Rock
Must be a reel-style mower? I'm imagining a 6ft rotary blade mower...scary!

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't get on here very often but I felt that this was worthy of a "What Did You Do With Your Truck Today" post. Scaled in at 25500 and I'm running used motor oil as my fuel. Pyrometer never topped 980 on the 6.9 non-turbo. She did a decent job pulling it down the road.

You must be registered for see images attach

Lordy Lordy! It’s nice to see another 6.9 NA putting in serious work. I know you said no hills really but still, quality stuff bro!

jericho

Reaction score
I don't get on here very often but I felt that this was worthy of a "What Did You Do With Your Truck Today" post. Scaled in at 25500 and I'm running used motor oil as my fuel. Pyrometer never topped 980 on the 6.9 non-turbo. She did a decent job pulling it down the road.

I'm very impressed! Do you have many hills to haul up and down?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few passenger caps did not appreciate me disturbing there sluber and decided to leak, so todays task was repacing a few o-rings and hopping the other side dose not see me looking at them.
:smoke:

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1mouse3, in your picture, the return lines between return caps looks a little too long, see how they are twisted. I wonder if this is contributing to your leaking orings.

gandalf

Reaction score
1mouse3, in your picture, the return lines between return caps looks a little too long, see how they are twisted. I wonder if this is contributing to your leaking orings.

Right. The lines between injectors should be absolutely straight, no bends or curves. If they're straight they put even pressure on the cap and therefore the o'rings, and even pressure on the little nipple they fit on. That's what you want.

Stu Bailey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m just hopping on to say how well this site is run, thank you staff members. I clicked on ford-trucks forum to try and read an article on bed mounted spares and good lord it took twenty minutes to clear the adds and I’m pretty sure my phone got a virus. Thank you oil burners!!

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Must be a reel-style mower? I'm imagining a 6ft rotary blade mower...scary!
It is a triple blade rotary mower setup. Really heavy duty. From what I can tell, it is a 3160 ih mower (originally 5') that has been stretched. The plow was also stretched from 5' to 6'. Everything is way overkill as it should be.

Rock

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Right. The lines between injectors should be absolutely straight, no bends or curves. If they're straight they put even pressure on the cap and therefore the o'rings, and even pressure on the little nipple they fit on. That's what you want.

I think past me bent the hose enoght that it returns to that bend since they stay like that off and go back on easly. I would think having them go on there without effort would be good, also would there not be one shot to get the hose on the caps so why not go a hair over? Issue was that I cut two and nicked another when I put the caps back on after I did the head gaskets, these would now be considered a nos install from 7 years ago. The other side looks the same way and those are currently dry, if not broke why risk trying to "fix" it?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online