So what did you do with your truck today?

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've done this on your motors?

@Laine D.. I would recommend wiping down moving parts or exposed metal that you cleaned up and removed its protection with oil and call it a day. Same thing I did on mine.. Been months no issue.

For your trash bags just don't vacuum seal wrap it like carrots at a gas station leave some breathing room.
Dont worry to much.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah I’m not gonna trip about it yet. I checked on it and it’s all good. I still gotta install the rest of it so I’ll be in there again soon.

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Testing out paint colours on the "new" super duty, coined "Pearly" by my fiance after a crusty stubby feller who lived down from her family's farm in northern Maine.
This is the first coat, going light coverage so as not to make drips, its a bit cool here for painting outdoors.

...I hate it... Fine for a preservative layer I spose but i'll be going to Royal blue next.

You must be registered for see images attach

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I picked up this bed yesterday for $200. A body shop did all the rust repair. I bought wheel arches and rear bed corners to fix up my current bed, but I came across this deal that was actually cheaper than fixing the old bed, so I couldn't pass it up.
And if anyone is interested, that is the 184 that's for sale.

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I picked up this bed yesterday for $200. A body shop did all the rust repair. I bought wheel arches and rear bed corners to fix up my current bed, but I came across this deal that was actually cheaper than fixing the old bed, so I couldn't pass it up.
You made a GOOD buy there.

KevSrFord

Reaction score
I'm very impressed! Do you have many hills to haul up and down?
Just a couple small ones. I definitely would not want to pull major hills loaded down that heavy with the setup I have. I'm sure it would do it but it would be very slow going. If I was going to pull like this on a regular basis I would invest in one of those little RV sized freightliners and have it set up with a caterpillar motor and a 13 speed transmission (for those who know what I am talking about yes I am a retired truck driver ). That setup would do great over any road you wanted to go on and get great fuel mileage to boot.

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
You made a GOOD buy there.
Thanks. I didn't waste any time getting there, since I knew it would be gone if I did. The guy I bought it from, was going to put it on his 95 CC psd, but the frame was rusted through and the truck has 350k on it, so he is moving on. He also threw in the tailgate which is a lot nicer than the one I have. OT, somehow he got a farmer down the road to buy it for 4k, which threw me for a loop.

Rock

Farmer Rock

Reaction score
Just a couple small ones. I definitely would not want to pull major hills loaded down that heavy with the setup I have. I'm sure it would do it but it would be very slow going. If I was going to pull like this on a regular basis I would invest in one of those little RV sized freightliners and have it set up with a caterpillar motor and a 13 speed transmission (for those who know what I am talking about yes I am a retired truck driver ). That setup would do great over any road you wanted to go on and get great fuel mileage to boot.
I have an IH s1654 that would be perfect for you!:Thumbs Up

Rock

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Engine is in, but I still can't get my transmission in... down-pipe giving me lots of issues. Should I pull engine and trans and assemble, then install those two together? I didn't expect getting the transmission in to take so long, very discouraging. If I can't get it soon I'll probably have to pay someone to slide it in, I need the truck working one the salt is off the roads.