So what did you do with your truck today?

JAKRANCH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hauled 24 calves into a ranch roping practice. My brother cant math and decided 24 650 ish pound calves are lighter than the 6 or 7 horses in the other trailer:rolleyes:. He was trying to give me the lighter load for the na 6.9 3/4 ton and put the heavier trailer on the 6.7 cummins ram 5500 and got confused. Hes going to be a large animal vet so I hope he figures math out lol.
You must be registered for see images attach
a little hard to see but my back axle is almost against the stops. Truck sure put the grunts in though. Motor did fine once I pulled my cardboard out! Next week I'm gonna have the idit crew cab registered and a trailer light plug installed so we can pull start and use it instead lol.

Last edited:

rewbrooks50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed CDD premium return line kit with fuel heater delete and flex IP line from the filter head. New fuel filter and air filter on the F350.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I took the old IH out for a good run since it needed it, and I felt a little bad that I was going to sell it, so I figured I owed it an apology by spending some quality time with the truck:Thumbs Up. I am glad I came to my senses, because I really love the truck and I think it would be a perfect carpentry truck.
I need to take some more pictures, but these are the only ones I have right now.

Rock

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hauled 24 calves into a ranch roping practice. My brother cant math and decided 24 650 ish pound calves are lighter than the 6 or 7 horses in the other trailer:rolleyes:. He was trying to give me the lighter load for the na 6.9 3/4 ton and put the heavier trailer on the 6.7 cummins ram 5500 and got confused. Hes going to be a large animal vet so I hope he figures math out lol.
a little hard to see but my back axle is almost against the stops. Truck sure put the grunts in though. Motor did fine once I pulled my cardboard out! Next week I'm gonna have the idit crew cab registered and a trailer light plug installed so we can pull start and use it instead lol.
I’ve got a boss who can’t do math either LOL more than once my dinosaur has had the heaviest load put on it while his tuned 2012 Cummins gets to joy ride. I will say though, I can almost out pull him:joker:

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a boss who can’t do math either LOL more than once my dinosaur has had the heaviest load put on it while his tuned 2012 Cummins gets to joy ride. I will say though, I can almost out pull him:joker:
Or maybe he just wants you to THINK he doesn't know math.

Meanwhile he gets to put the heavy lifting on your rig, while pampering his own... ;)

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or maybe he just wants you to THINK he doesn't know math.

Meanwhile he gets to put the heavy lifting on your rig, while pampering his own... ;)
Good point LOL He has an exhaust brake too and uses that as a reason for taking the load he does. I really don’t mind though, there are few things that make me happier than watching my old beast pull even with modern diesels

KevSrFord

Reaction score
Testing out paint colours on the "new" super duty, coined "Pearly" by my fiance after a crusty stubby feller who lived down from her family's farm in northern Maine.
This is the first coat, going light coverage so as not to make drips, its a bit cool here for painting outdoors.

...I hate it... Fine for a preservative layer I spose but i'll be going to Royal blue next.

That's pretty close to my color. I did mine with Tractor Supply brand tractor paint of old school Ford Blue. This was the first vehicle I ever painted and did it on my gravel driveway. It turned out fairly well I think with all considering.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It got down to 28 last night and I was excited to see how my truck started as I haven’t experienced it in temps below 38. (I know I know, 28 is nothing, but we’re talking central California) It started like it does every day so maybe I didn’t need to get so excited. Oh well

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It got down to 28 last night and I was excited to see how my truck started as I haven’t experienced it in temps below 38. (I know I know, 28 is nothing, but we’re talking central California) It started like it does every day so maybe I didn’t need to get so excited. Oh well

I had the enlarge your truck pic,at first I thought you did an OBS rear window swap. Sharp truck!

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wal-Mart had group 65 850CCA batteries on sale for $88ea, so I bought two and just put them in the IDI. Feel good about that investment now that my alternator is putting out a full 14.6v.

Truck came with Group 34 800cca optima red-tops that started just fine but were too small for the tray... now back to using the factory hold-downs and some brand new batteries!

Also I am selling the optimas on CL and hoping to recover most of what I spent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online