So what did you do with your truck today?

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@chillman88 a couple of years ago when my dad had his old truck, 2003 toyota tacoma that he bought new, it went for inspection in January at a dealership and it passed inspection. in june when he took it to a different toyota dealership for an oil change they realized that there was a rust hole in the frame that is big enough to put a fist through. that kind of a rust hole doesn't happen in 6 months

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Those are good tires you got right there! I had a set of those on my side by side, and the traction was unbelievable.

Rock
From what I've seen and heard, they are about the best ones for hard pack and are light weight. I guess it was time, I've had the rear tires on there since I had owned it for a week in 1997. The tread is fine, but the sidewalls are completely dry rotted.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In person, te moon seemed HUGE! IN the picture it looks normal.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today seemed a little like Christmas. First, I got in a new set of four wheeler tires (careful, I'm going to ruin my reputation for three wheelers). Never mind the TV that's sitting behind it. That's going in my camper and the box on top is some stuff that I'm supposed to put on someone else's four wheeler. And yes, part of my inspection team was in high gear again. Next came my Luk SMF conversion kit. That friggin cat was more excited about that than I was. He wouldn't stop sniffing it. Then I opened what I hope to cut up and use for the bottom part of my first gen Banks down pipe soon. I couldn't let the four wheeler purchase go by itself so I bought a ugly, used gas tank for a three wheeler. Finally, not very exciting, but also fairly necessary, a 6 pack of furnace filters.

You must be registered for see images attach

Those damn vent filters make a big difference LOL. My house felt kinda stuffy

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@chillman88 a couple of years ago when my dad had his old truck, 2003 toyota tacoma that he bought new, it went for inspection in January at a dealership and it passed inspection. in june when he took it to a different toyota dealership for an oil change they realized that there was a rust hole in the frame that is big enough to put a fist through. that kind of a rust hole doesn't happen in 6 months

Oh yeah. I saw some teenage girl filling up the new-to-her f150 her grandfather had bought her, it was leaking gas from the filler neck. I crawled under to look, tank straps were rotted off and it was slightly loose sitting on the skid plate. This is after they passed it's emissions inspection without catalytic converters installed, someone caught it and made them fix it.

Some people try to get away with murder almost.

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here in Texas our vehicle inspections arent that indepth. They look at my truck, shake their heads and ask " what do you use it for?" my reply: "everything".

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here in Texas our vehicle inspections arent that indepth. They look at my truck, shake their heads and ask " what do you use it for?" my reply: "everything".

Yes but luckily for you, you don't typically have basketball sized holes in floorpans either! It's really kind of humourous how the laws vary state to state. There's a good number of vehicles on the road here in NY that wouldn't pass inspection in Pennsylvania because they're too rusty.

I had an old truck that you literally could have watched the street go by through the floor, but heaven forbid you have a check engine light because your temperature sender is worn out :rolleyes:

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel lucky living here my truck with 500+ K on it has zero rust........due to a leaking fuel filter and other things. Out here you can really wind a truck out on these open spaces. However with a 4.10 gear your pretty limited LOL!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I had an old truck that you literally could have watched the street go by through the floor,
Back in the early 90's, I had a guy tell me that the best patches for that is road signs. They don't rust out very quickly. He didn't say how to go about getting them. I'm also not condoning anything illegal, but I've known several people over the years who had a small collection of road signs.

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Back in the early 90's, I had a guy tell me that the best patches for that is road signs. They don't rust out very quickly. He didn't say how to go about getting them. I'm also not condoning anything illegal, but I've known several people over the years who had a small collection of road signs.
We pick up stop signs occasionally......

but only when they are on the side of the road all wrinkled up after being ran over by semis LOL

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
My dad new a guy, who worked for the local DOT, and some way or another we got a bunch of road signs from him for free. It was one of those "fell off the truck" type of deals. I ain't rattin' nobody out,lol.
I think that is pretty much the only way to acquire road signs. Of course I don't think that is right, but I didn't have much part in that deal.
I have heard the same about using them for floor patches, and know a couple of guys who have done that, but I personally rather weld in new floor pans to make it look uniformed.

Rock

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online