So what did you do with your truck today?

bilbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did that too on a motovox mini bike that I swapped the 212 onto. On 12 inch tires it would go 40, most fun but dangerous thing I've ever owned. Have fun and be safe they are designed to kill you.:bail

My then 10 year old and I built a minibike last winter. It's a riot and he loves it. We bought the frame but fabbed everything else like chain guard, fenders, etc.

I also have an old Trisport. That thing is an animal just waiting for you to let your guard down so it can kill or maim you. It has a 301 cc predator engine with better intake and jetting and a nice free flowing muffler made from an empty Coleman propane tank. The fiberglass tub bodies are hard to find so mine has a grade school classroom chair I scrounged from a demo dumpster. It also has a differential and directional brakes. The thing will do 57 on a gravel road according to my GPS. Just before letting off I'm pretty sure I saw St. Peter in my peripheral vision. It sure works great pulling kids around on a sled until things get too deep.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
I just can't stand loose wiring and toggle switches all over the place, so I pulled out the wts lamp and water in fuel lamp since I wasn't using either one and decided to make a panel for my GP and high idle toggle switches. My high idle isn't hooked up yet, and I am going to relocate my GP relay, so I figured this would be a good time. It's not much, just 3/8" plywood cut with a scrollsaw and sanded down smooth then painted black and epoxied in. I bought the lighted toggle switches from tsc. I still have to clean it up some and run the wires when the weather gets better, but for now, all the switches are pre-wired, labeled, and looped up, so all I have to do is make 4 connections. That is all the wire hanging, which is not staying that way of course.Before, I had a plow control bracket under the dash that I used for all the switches but I don't like the GPs and high idle being on there since it is like an auxillary switch bracket that I wanted to use for spot lights, which I can now.:Thumbs Up

Rock

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My day started off crappy. Poor little car took the brunt of it. I had barely let off the clutch in first gear and homie in the Honda decided he’d try to beat me I guess. Also I think my starter is finally dying. Every time I turn the truck off now I have to smack the starter and sometimes it starts. At first I thought it was the solenoid so I replaced that and nothing changed. These parts store starters haven’t been too good to me.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Also I think my starter is finally dying. Every time I turn the truck off now I have to smack the starter and sometimes it starts. At first I thought it was the solenoid so I replaced that and nothing changed. These parts store starters haven’t been too good to me.
Time for a better one like a Powermaster 9050. On the other hand, my Ebay special, probably Chinese Nippendenso starter is still going strong after 2 1/2 years so it is an option. I carry a Powermaster behind the seat just in case. My parts store Mitsubishi starter lasted for 12 years. It only gave me issues a couple of times. Once, I was driving too fast on a snowy street. I slid across the street, into the bank of plowed up snow. I had to use the 4X4 to get back out. The next morning, it wouldn't do anything, but later, after it warmed up, it worked just fine. I guess it just got some snow inside it that melted and then froze, finally melting again after it got warmer outside. The other time was about thee weeks before it quit all together. I went to start the truck and the starter just clicked a few times and then worked fine. That was the only warning before it quit completely. Maybe they're being rebuilt to a lesser standard of poor quality these days.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Time for a better one like a Powermaster 9050. On the other hand, my Ebay special, probably Chinese Nippendenso starter is still going strong after 2 1/2 years so it is an option. I carry a Powermaster behind the seat just in case. My parts store Mitsubishi starter lasted for 12 years. It only gave me issues a couple of times. Once, I was driving too fast on a snowy street. I slid across the street, into the bank of plowed up snow. I had to use the 4X4 to get back out. The next morning, it wouldn't do anything, but later, after it warmed up, it worked just fine. I guess it just got some snow inside it that melted and then froze, finally melting again after it got warmer outside. The other time was about thee weeks before it quit all together. I went to start the truck and the starter just clicked a few times and then worked fine. That was the only warning before it quit completely. Maybe they're being rebuilt to a lesser standard of poor quality these days.
At first I didn’t think it was the starter. But now when I go to engage It the solenoid just clicks. I can try and jump it with a screwdriver but it’ll just do the same thing.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t have any pictures but I took my seats out and cleaned everything. It had gotten really dirty. I put in some rear seats out of a 93. They sit up about 6 inches higher and they’re way more comfortable for my little sister.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t have any pictures but I took my seats out and cleaned everything. It had gotten really dirty. I put in some rear seats out of a 93. They sit up about 6 inches higher and they’re way more comfortable for my little sister.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828