So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back in the early 90's, I had a guy tell me that the best patches for that is road signs. They don't rust out very quickly. He didn't say how to go about getting them. I'm also not condoning anything illegal, but I've known several people over the years who had a small collection of road signs.

Well... That's actually what I did LOL

When we were emptying out Grandpa's barn there was a very old galvanized steel sign lying around somewhere that I tossed in there. Worked fine until I got rid of the truck!

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had an old truck that you literally could have watched the street go by through the floor, but heaven forbid you have a check engine light because your temperature sender is worn out

Back in the early 90's, I had a guy tell me that the best patches for that is road signs. They don't rust out very quickly. He didn't say how to go about getting them. I'm also not condoning anything illegal, but I've known several people over the years who had a small collection of road signs.

I have heard the same about using them for floor patches, and know a couple of guys who have done that, but I personally rather weld in new floor pans to make it look uniformed.

The f100 I have came with a sign in the floor and some bizzar cab mounts. I made a new floor to do for now, did that when I replaced the frame. Rush needs to get on somewhere but not when there is salt, whats so bad about fly ash?

You must be registered for see images attach

miles1400

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@mexicanjoe @chillman88 when inspection time comes around, i know the right guy to go to if ya know what i mean. my truck has a solid frame and good tires, good brakes, good shocks, and working lights, cause i fix stuff if it breaks. it has some body rust but its all replaceable. im sure if i would take it to a ford dealership they would nitpick every little thing and i dont have time to deal with that crap.

the only good thing about PA with inspections is that diesels are emissions exempt so inspection is cheaper, and my straight pipe exhaust also passes cause they cant say anything about your exhaust because it is considered emissions stuff

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the only good thing about PA with inspections is that diesels are emissions exempt so inspection is cheaper, and my straight pipe exhaust also passes cause they cant say anything about your exhaust because it is considered emissions stuff

Diesels are exempt here up to a certain year, I think it's somewhere in the 2008 range but I'm really not certain. Anything pre 96 is exempt from emissions so it only requires basic safety inspection. That can vary drastically depending on which shop they take it to, some are horribly strict and others are very lenient.

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, we got 4-5 feet of snow in the last couple days, and yesterday as I was fighting snow drifts my front driveline started a slight pinging sound. I pulled it out and the cv joint is shot. I threw it back on so I can get unstuck until I get a new driveline on the way. Snow can be fun, but tons of it can be dangerous LOL

1992 idi 73

Reaction score
today my friend and i deleted the governor on my 212cc mini bike engine
I did that too on a motovox mini bike that I swapped the 212 onto. On 12 inch tires it would go 40, most fun but dangerous thing I've ever owned. Have fun and be safe they are designed to kill you.:bail

1992 idi 73

Reaction score
Yeah they are a hoot to ride around on I had the stage one on it with a free flowing exhaust with a "muffler" that made it run better since it gave it some back pressure. The key is getting the wheelie down and not busting your head.

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went in after a faulty e brake light. Looks like this little guy ain't doing the job.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online