So what did you do with your truck today?

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dad needed my car trailer to put his wood shop tools (lathes and table saws and other big equipment) on to move. That stuff is so heavy.

Problem is, the sale of their house keeps getting delayed (closing date was Dec 6th......)

So now my trailer is a storage unit.

So got a dolly. Towed a van we are kind of converting into a tiny house for a homeless friend. Then towed this back. It really sucks removing drive shafts on the ground in the dark on the side of the road. But I am appreciative of the fact I could afford to get this so cant do too much crying.

My truck still needs lifters and my selector switch acts up a lot.

I was planning on using my lack of trailer to put truck in my shop to get these items fixed, but I honestly don't know how to schedule my own appointment haha.

Have a big project I need be doing for someone else and also my truck has no business being out in the winter haha.

You must be registered for see images attach

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I was able to finally get started on my 7.3. All this talk or cavitation has me a little worried but from what I can see this engine hasn’t had a very hard life. It didn’t take much time at all honing it to get it presentable. I have my rings out getting modified for the gapless second rings. After the bottom end is buttoned up it’ll just sit for a little while.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you get much temperature change. I’d be concerned about condensation with it sealed up in plastic.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you get much temperature change. I’d be concerned about condensation with it sealed up in plastic.
That is something I am concerned about because we’re supposed to get a lot of rain soon and temperatures look like they’ll be all over the place. I made sure to oil down the cylinders but I’m gonna make sure I uncover it every couple days and check it out.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
That is something I am concerned about because we’re supposed to get a lot of rain soon and temperatures look like they’ll be all over the place. I made sure to oil down the cylinders but I’m gonna make sure I uncover it every couple days and check it out.
I think that's about the best that you can do. Assuming that you don't have a climate controlled area to store it in. I know that I sure don't have one. It's also why I tried to not let mine just sit for very long after the block was ready for the rebuild a couple of years ago.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a container of damp rid and put it in the bag with the block, should draw moisture into the container.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that's about the best that you can do. Assuming that you don't have a climate controlled area to store it in. I know that I sure don't have one. It's also why I tried to not let mine just sit for very long after the block was ready for the rebuild a couple of years ago.
My garage seems to always be -30 degrees no matter what so hopefully that helps it. I’m thinking the issue I’ll be dealing with is my mom pulling the car in during the rain, that’s the only way I can think of water getting in to the garage.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
that’s the only way I can think of water getting in to the garage.
It's not really only about getting water into the garage. It's more about the humidity while it's raining. Also as the air temperature rises, your engine block will warm up at a slower rate than the air does. This can cause condensation. Just leaving the garage door open for an afternoon can be enough to cause this to happen.

renjaminfrankln

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Battled some rust and added more soundproofing to the cab.

Truck has some pretty bad cancer in just one place, the driver's side cab floor and mount. The mount isnt compromised structurally but looks ugly. The floor has a few holes. I spent about 2 hours wire brushing everything. vacuuming, cleaning. I thought about painting it but instead I just gave the bad areas a nice coat of fluid film and slapped everything back together.

Really need a body shop to weld in a patch on the floor at some point.

Oh, also bought one of those heavy rubber mats for the bed from Dee Zee. The bed is pretty beat, to the point where I think a spray-in bedliner would look like crap. I know these love to trap water so I plan to powerwash the bed and hit it with a roll on coat of paint before I put it down.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I was thinking. Brake fluid attracts moisture, and causes rusting.

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Laine D take a rag with brake fluid on it and wipe it down it will keep it from flash rusting for months also use brake kleen to clean it off when assembling
You've done this on your motors?

@Laine D.. I would recommend wiping down moving parts or exposed metal that you cleaned up and removed its protection with oil and call it a day. Same thing I did on mine.. Been months no issue.

For your trash bags just don't vacuum seal wrap it like carrots at a gas station leave some breathing room.
Dont worry to much.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86