So what did you do with your truck today?

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
You meet the best and worst in these sale transactions.
Ain't that the truth! I buy and sell a lot of stuff, so i am constantly dealing with creeps, but i have also met a lot of great people that make it worth it. I just bought a 16ft equipment trailer, and the seller was a really nice guy, and willing to help with as much as possible.

Rock

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or, a look a like rear engine lo boy!

Pfft, if I was going through all that work I'd just put a smallblock in it LOL I know it's blasphemy in these parts but have two 350s with 700R4s sitting in the barn. Did I mention I have too many projects? :bail

seriously though, the engine hoist on your lo boy sounds like a really good idea. You could get a hydraulic piston, and hook it up to the tractor and have a really heavy duty boom pole:Thumbs Up

I'm still thinking about building a detachable backhoe for it, and building the rear subframe accordingly. I'm planning on building it to accept pinned attachments, but in a stronger method than the 3pt, and as such I'll mount the hoist on a platform back there until I get around to putting off the backhoe build indefinitely...... (at least I'm honest with myself!)

Chillman88, do you have a cub loboy?

Yessir, the black one in the first picture is mine. It was already black when I got it.

https://www.oilburners.net/threads/talk-me-out-of-it-tractor-fel-build.88990/

Not without it's issues, but it's a decent little tractor. Just needs a bit of work.

I was very tempted to pick up another one I saw down in PA on Facebook marketplace but.... I don't really want to sleep in the garage in this weather and the wife would not be very happy with me :angel:

KevSrFord

Reaction score
Ouch. My 91 is unhappy at 15k without a turbo. I'm guessing you didn't have too many hills on your route!
Not too many. And I honestly wouldn't want to pull any serious hills that heavy. I believe she would climb them but it would be slow going on the steep stuff. I pull over 15k fairly regularly but getting up over 20k is not a regular thing. I will be doing it a couple times a week for the next several weeks though.

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My loboy was giving me problems with the throttle, I was about to pull the governor off to clean it and decided to run seafoam in it first and it Fred the governor up and throttle is smooth now.

guess I could have used my stiction eliminator lol

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My loboy was giving me problems with the throttle, I was about to pull the governor off to clean it and decided to run seafoam in it first and it Fred the governor up and throttle is smooth now.

guess I could have used my stiction eliminator lol

Mine needs a rebuild. Smokes like a chimney out the oil fill. I'm thinking my compression was somewhere between 60 and 90, and the float valve leaks. It'll run, but it really doesn't like to start, ESPECIALLY in the cold!

gnathv

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine starts and runs well, but I’ve got to replace the bearings in pto, pto clutch is good though

I’ve got a 3 point on mine

You must be registered for see images attach

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
@Farmer Rock its kinda a diesel mechanic job lol. i interviewed for a Fueler/washer/detailer position and if i get the job i can learn some more and i can work my way up to a Diesel Mechanic position
There is nothing wrong with that. It sounds like a pretty good job, and i hope it works out for you!

Rock

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dieselmainiac

Members online