So what did you do with your truck today?

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:yell:America! :Thumbs Up

Rock

I drove mine 12 hours straight after assuming ownership of it. Not one problem!

Today I went in the hood looking for why I was having a high idle problem. Think I found it!

Since that didn't take long did some cleaning in the front engine and IP, first 6' of the motor from the top. Trying to source the oil leaks.

And the usual once a week fluid check with the customary stomp around after.

You must be registered for see images attach

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Th
I drove mine 12 hours straight after assuming ownership of it. Not one problem!

Today I went in the hood looking for why I was having a high idle problem. Think I found it!

Since that didn't take long did some cleaning in the front engine and IP, first 6' of the motor from the top. Trying to source the oil leaks.

And the usual once a week fluid check with the customary stomp around after.

That’s such a weird thing to happen haha

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I love it when these classic ford trucks drive across the damn country, makes me so proud!
There really shouldn't be any surprise. Back in the late 90's, I was driving a Dent Side, and I started to notice the trucks around me. I almost didn't see any Dodges that were more than 10 years old. I saw a fair amount of Chevys that were 20 or so years old driving around. I saw even more Fords that were Dent Sides or older and at least half of them were pulling trailers. That told me A LOT right there.

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
I went to go pick up an engine stand today that I saw on craigslist locally. The guy wanted to meet at the local post office which was fine with me. I got there 20 minutes early, and I waited for 1 hour, and i contacted him multiple times with no response so I finally left. This type of malarkey ticks me off. These idiots have nothing better to do than waste my time and fuel. He doesn't even realize I only live within 5 minutes of his house, so he better hope he don't run into me in this very small town. I am on the lookout for a creep in a red Tacoma! Have you seen this man?:frustrate-cuss.LOL

Rock

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in the middle of rebuilding my good buddies girlfriends Subaru 2.5 engine. All I can say is I miss the simplicity of the IDI.

I hear ya! I got two 2.5 Subarus that need timing belts, spark plugs and possibly head gaskets. I just helped a friend tear a 2.5 out of an 01 that one of the idler pulleys threw the timing belts and bent the valves, so we took the heads off and got them redone. Nothing compares to the simplicity of the IDIs, but for an EFI gasser, those little boxer engines are pretty easy to work on.

I have not messed them subarus much and would think those boxer engine would be as easy to work on as inline ones. Speaking of timing belts just did the one on my moms vw passat with the 1.8t. There is not much to do to pull the core support and from there it is a cake walk to replace the belt.

KevSrFord

Reaction score
I don't get on here very often but I felt that this was worthy of a "What Did You Do With Your Truck Today" post. Scaled in at 25500 and I'm running used motor oil as my fuel. Pyrometer never topped 980 on the 6.9 non-turbo. She did a decent job pulling it down the road.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to go pick up an engine stand today that I saw on craigslist locally. The guy wanted to meet at the local post office which was fine with me. I got there 20 minutes early, and I waited for 1 hour, and i contacted him multiple times with no response so I finally left. This type of malarkey ticks me off. These idiots have nothing better to do than waste my time and fuel. He doesn't even realize I only live within 5 minutes of his house, so he better hope he don't run into me in this very small town. I am on the lookout for a creep in a red Tacoma! Have you seen this man?:frustrate-cuss.LOL

Rock

Well now I feel bad that I just won one in an auction for $46 :dunno

I'm curious to see exactly what kind of shape it's in (online auction, pickup is tomorrow). I'm hoping it's a little bit stronger than my el-cheapo-chinesium one. Made in USA but still a cheapo. Regardless I'm planning on mounting one of the two on the back of my tractor, should come in handy!

EDIT: nevermind, you said engine stand not hoist lol

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't get on here very often but I felt that this was worthy of a "What Did You Do With Your Truck Today" post. Scaled in at 25500 and I'm running used motor oil as my fuel. Pyrometer never topped 980 on the 6.9 non-turbo. She did a decent job pulling it down the road.

Ouch. My 91 is unhappy at 15k without a turbo. I'm guessing you didn't have too many hills on your route!

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Well now I feel bad that I just won one in an auction for $46 :dunno

I'm curious to see exactly what kind of shape it's in (online auction, pickup is tomorrow). I'm hoping it's a little bit stronger than my el-cheapo-chinesium one. Made in USA but still a cheapo. Regardless I'm planning on mounting one of the two on the back of my tractor, should come in handy!

EDIT: nevermind, you said engine stand not hoist lol
well now, hold on a second. You mount an engine stand on the back and you have some good counterweight right there. Or, a look a like rear engine lo boy! seriously though, the engine hoist on your lo boy sounds like a really good idea. You could get a hydraulic piston, and hook it up to the tractor and have a really heavy duty boom pole:Thumbs Up

Rock