So what did you do with your truck today?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should go pick one up. Looks decent and less tipsy than an upside down 5gal bucket :joker:

But the 5 gallon bucket has the added advantage of "strengthening your core", especially if you get it "tipsy" reaching out far. You know, a yoga instructor or personal trainer will charge you money for that kinda workout.......

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A week ago, I bought a harbor freight work platform thing for $20, to replace the old igloo cooler I stood on while doing hundreds of hours of labor on my truck over the last 2 years. Today, I left the platform in front of the truck, forgot about it, and ran it over. The F250 won.
I had some scrap 2x12 left over from building, so I made stubby-legged sawhorses, just the right height to stand on to work under the hood. Probably about 16" tall. I haven't run over one yet, but that's probably because I put them on the sides of the trucks.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The past couple days I’ve just been driving my truck. It’s obnoxious because of the exhaust situation, I’m taking it to a shop on Tuesday to get the downpipe finished so that’ll be nice.

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had some scrap 2x12 left over from building, so I made stubby-legged sawhorses, just the right height to stand on to work under the hood. Probably about 16" tall. I haven't run over one yet, but that's probably because I put them on the sides of the trucks.
That's a great idea, I also have spare pressure treated 2x12 from some stairs I made on the shed...*wheels turning*

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Make a simple 1 foot by two foot by three foot box. Cut handle holes in every side and end.

Better yet make two of them, and a fast easy way to connect/disconnect them, for more stability.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make a simple 1 foot by two foot by three foot box. Cut handle holes in every side and end.

Better yet make two of them, and a fast easy way to connect/disconnect them, for more stability.
(2) 1'x2', (2) 1'x3', (2) 2'x3'. That looks like 22ft^2, about 2/3 sheet of plywood. I might tweak the dimensions to get either a full box or two full boxes out of one sheet. For example, 8"x16"x32" would keep the same 1,2,3 proportions and let you get two boxes out of one sheet with a 32" square chunk left over.

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cover with roofing or sandpaper, or those, (more expensive), traction strips.

And when I said connect/disconnect them, I meant the two of them together. On the 2 foot side, if you connect them together, it will be more stable.

On the one foot side, it should be stable enough with just the one.

I can't really imagine needing the 3 foot side, to work on the truck. But maybe figure out a way to lay one on the 2 foot side, and connect it to the 3 foot one. Then have the two foot one be a step, as well as add support behind the 3 foot one?

Scotty4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cover with roofing or sandpaper, or those, (more expensive), traction strips.

And when I said connect/disconnect them, I meant the two of them together. On the 2 foot side, if you connect them together, it will be more stable.

On the one foot side, it should be stable enough with just the one.

I can't really imagine needing the 3 foot side, to work on the truck. But maybe figure out a way to lay one on the 2 foot side, and connect it to the 3 foot one. Then have the two foot one be a step, as well as add support behind the 3 foot one?
Could always paint, then toss sand on it, then roll paint on the sand. How we made the "nonskid" on the subs.

tradergem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I replace the cowl seal, and in the past two weeks I replaced the fuel return lines, o-rings and caps, the glow plugs, and the vacuum pump. Just trying to get needed maintenance done before the sub-zero weather sets in.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I started getting ready for the next adventure coming up next weekend. I hadn't got the chance to try out the wind deflector. In fact, I hadn't even messed with it much so I didn't realize that it didn't come close to opening far enough. After some slight panic, I got to looking at it closer and decided to modify it to open farther. If I was at work, I could have got some flat metal, but I had to use what I had on hand. All I had was some 5/16" all thread. I drilled a hole in each of the aluminum pieces, then I cut the all thread to the length I wanted and bent a 90* on each end. Then I slipped each bent end through the holes in the aluminum and double nutted them to be sure that the nuts wouldn't back out. The zip ties and "mechanic's" wire are just to hold everything in a straight line. The extended mirrors work great and I'm easily able to see past the sides of the camper. After I left my garage, I had to get some fuel so I got to go on a little bit longer test drive. The wind deflector worked awesome. I can barely feel the frontal wind drag now. On the way to the gas station, there was maybe a 10 MPH SW wind and I was driving east so it barely affected the truck. After I came out from buying some groceries for camping next weekend there was no wind that I could feel. While I was fueling up the truck, I was thinking how nice of a drive it was going to be going home. I was a little nervous about weakening the aluminum pieces of the deflector by drilling holes in them, but I got to test them out in a big way on the way home. When I came out of the gas station, there was a strong NW wind blowing from the cold front that came through. As I was driving through town, I thought that it was between 20-25 MPH. As I started going south, I thought that the wind was blowing 30 MPH or so. When I started driving west, I thought to myself that the wind HAD to be blowing at least 40 MPH. It was almost dark by this time due to the clouds and the amount of dust that was so thick that it looked like fog. I just kept driving west between 40-45 MPH. At one point, the dust was so thick that I couldn't even see the lines on the road so I slowed down to 30 MPH before I could barely see the white line on the left side of the road. Thankfully, that only lasted for 30 seconds or so. It was a long 20 mile drive home, but I made it with no issues. I now also have no doubts about the strength of my extended braces. Although they're not even close to being pretty, they will hold up for a LONG time.

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I started getting ready for the next adventure coming up next weekend. I hadn't got the chance to try out the wind deflector. In fact, I hadn't even messed with it much so I didn't realize that it didn't come close to opening far enough. After some slight panic, I got to looking at it closer and decided to modify it to open farther. If I was at work, I could have got some flat metal, but I had to use what I had on hand. All I had was some 5/16" all thread. I drilled a hole in each of the aluminum pieces, then I cut the all thread to the length I wanted and bent a 90* on each end. Then I slipped each bent end through the holes in the aluminum and double nutted them to be sure that the nuts wouldn't back out. The zip ties and "mechanic's" wire are just to hold everything in a straight line. The extended mirrors work great and I'm easily able to see past the sides of the camper. After I left my garage, I had to get some fuel so I got to go on a little bit longer test drive. The wind deflector worked awesome. I can barely feel the frontal wind drag now. On the way to the gas station, there was maybe a 10 MPH SW wind and I was driving east so it barely affected the truck. After I came out from buying some groceries for camping next weekend there was no wind that I could feel. While I was fueling up the truck, I was thinking how nice of a drive it was going to be going home. I was a little nervous about weakening the aluminum pieces of the deflector by drilling holes in them, but I got to test them out in a big way on the way home. When I came out of the gas station, there was a strong NW wind blowing from the cold front that came through. As I was driving through town, I thought that it was between 20-25 MPH. As I started going south, I thought that the wind was blowing 30 MPH or so. When I started driving west, I thought to myself that the wind HAD to be blowing at least 40 MPH. It was almost dark by this time due to the clouds and the amount of dust that was so thick that it looked like fog. I just kept driving west between 40-45 MPH. At one point, the dust was so thick that I couldn't even see the lines on the road so I slowed down to 30 MPH before I could barely see the white line on the left side of the road. Thankfully, that only lasted for 30 seconds or so. It was a long 20 mile drive home, but I made it with no issues. I now also have no doubts about the strength of my extended braces. Although they're not even close to being pretty, they will hold up for a LONG time.
I forgot to add that after I got home and put the groceries away, I checked the weather and the wind speed was 39 with gusts of up to 59.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took a steep very hilly ride to junk this Honda. Still have the tap but have been gathering parts to get a lot done this winter (this is absolutely not a winter truck haha).

Going to be trolling the tech articles and old threads to see what else I should do while I'm down in there.

I'm pretty sure I have a selector valve issue now as well, I think the e pump is helping mask some of that, so have to add that to the list.

And really need to adjust my parking brake again or see if something gave way!

John Preston

Reaction score
Today was the sabith... I gave my rig the day off to sit in the driveway and took the Accord to the beach.. Wifey and I walked along the shore line in and out of the water. Felt great to see her smileing so much. Its been some time. So what did I do today for my rig... Leterrest all day..:thumbsup::D
Was it an outdoor mass at the beach because of the Corona virus?