So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, i went to take the OD down just now, they measured .688
i tried it, and still stuck.
pulled it off, and ran them down to .666 (seemed like a good number to try)
and all is well, no sticking.
thanks for the help!

BDCarrillo

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad you caught the joke!

I ended up closer to .65, trucks vary so I posted the higher end of the spec.

May be a tech worthy diy post... with different methods of turning them down.

my85ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added new lenses all the way around my truck today ! I bought new break lenses, turn lenses , new head lights , new marker lights , and put all led bulbs all around .I also bought new mirrors and new fender trim. Also got new grill and upper and lower trim with new bezels

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Just watched my rig drive off today. My Accord is shutting down as the wifey drives it. She had fits getting home Friday even though she has AAA towing. ******* would not stop and get towed home. So she is driving my truck. I really hate that too. I drove the Accord today and you guessed it.. Not one issue.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched my rig drive off today. My Accord is shutting down as the wifey drives it. She had fits getting home Friday even though she has AAA towing. ******* would not stop and get towed home. So she is driving my truck. I really hate that too. I drove the Accord today and you guessed it.. Not one issue.

check the oil lol

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score

Just remember.... the vehicle NEVER acts up for the mechanic. My Dad went through this with his 94 E-150 302. It would pop the Check Engine Light. Take it in, no light, no codes. Drive it, light, take it in, no light...... He figured out how to exactly make the light come on. Took it back, told the mechanic exactly what to do. Mechanic kept it for almost 2 weeks and was using it as his daily driver (with permission) and did exactly as told. There was a hill near the shop, and Dad could get it to pop the light EVERY TIME he drove up the hill. Mech drove the same hill, the same way, many times..... no light. Dad picked it up, went to the hill, light. Drove back and got the mech...... headed back to the hill, with Dad driving...... guess what..... with the mechanic in the van....... NO LIGHT!!!!!!!

I am certain vehicles and computers (I was an admin for a large network for over a decade), have personalities, and feelings. You CAN hurt their feelings, and they will "tell you about it". I had a server that was being replaced. We were discussing the cutover to the new server. The old one heard us...... and hour later it crashed and was NEVER able to be revived..........

Matt_INW

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirmed zero leaks at this time. That said I know two are hiding but only seem to appear when it's consistently below freezing 24x7.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Changed the oil on the powerstroke and installed a 1.0 exhaust housing.
Well of course the turbine wheel is junk. Looks like probably glowplug tips or something. Lol

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used mine to haul a little bit of firewood!
You must be registered for see images attach

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Looks like you hit a little mud. Lol
What size stihl is that?
And do those rear window flairs do anything?

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That mud was from my yard, backing up to the place its parked in the pic. These tires are so crappy that even with all that weight in the back I still needed 4wd to get anywhere! the Stihl is an MS230 with an 18" bar on it. It has lots of power for what it is.

The window flares do a wonderful job of blocking my view when I need to look through that window for traffic, one is starting to come off and makes a nice rattle when I close the door. They may be disappearing soon..

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Good deal. didn't look like they would help anything. Lol
I know there's a lot of hype on stihls, but I like them for how they run.(not saying I wouldn't own a Husqvarna though) Especially if you mod it a little bit. I have a old 026 pro. Runs great, need a new bar and chain, but I haven't had to use it in awhile. I use my buddies at his house. Also only buys stihls.
From the pic, looks like toyo open country or wild country. Can't remember the name.
My old boss had them on his dodge. Things sucked. Wore pretty quick also.
The cooper's on my truck seem pretty good.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are Wild Country XTX's. I needed something cheap to replace the completely shot tires I had. So a few CL buys later I have these wonderful pieces of junk. But at least they hold air and give me some attempt at traction.

I have owned Stihl and Huskeys. I like them both and would own either. I like the feel of the Stihl a little better so I went with it instead. This is my first new saw, I got tired of reviving hand-me-downs.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
For tires I stand by the Firestone Transforce A/T. I've owned 2 sets because the first set worked so well. I got mine for less that $200 each installed. The first set lasted over 60,000 Miles (US) and never left me stuck....