So what did you do with your truck today?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Nero hasn't responded yet, that means he's either crying or calling the police.
Just got all setup. Truck was a night and day difference pulling a fully loaded camper and 18ft boat, with butts in all 5 seats! Why the heck did I not do this sooner???!?!?!?
On one of the longest steepest grades, my EGT's reached a solid 1100°f I backed out of it and it quickly dropped down to 900°f, seemed like 900 was the regular number when pulling most grades though, just cruising it was floating between 600 and 700. Boost built as needed, did see 8psi on occasion, but mostly 3-5psi.
During that steep hill my coolant did get to 230°f, and as I backed out of it, it did drop to 220, seemed like under boost it would creep to 220, but flat lands it would go to 195°f.
Overall, I'm impressed, was able to either maintain speed, or, as a first, accelerate up a hill!

Anyhow... @Jesus Freak not gonna lie your intake isn't as bad as I thought it would be, I'd be fine running something similar.
I have yet to pop my hood and see how my pvc is doing, problem for tomorrow. It's about 100°f outside, and my ac quit working in the cab, so I'm gonna go hop back in the lake.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to add, it was a little hectic taking off, the in laws truck (the '93 I put a trans in) the left front caliper locked up. So I changed it on the side of the road. Rest of the trip was uneventful.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Nero,

Hopefully all your friends and family don’t read these threads. If so you will never vacation alone. Unlimited offers from those doing road trips who would love to take a mechanic along.

My cousin always invites us to to snowmobiling with his family. They always have issues and because his cousin Big Bart may know a thing or two about fixing snowmobiles. They spend more time riding and less time on the sidelines.

Glad the turbo is working out for you.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
All my friends/family know I'm a mechanic, a good portion of my family is also a mechanic or at least knows how to fix their own vehicle. My friends know I charge too much too haha

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, forgot to add, it was a little hectic taking off, the in laws truck (the '93 I put a trans in) the left front caliper locked up. So I changed it on the side of the road. Rest of the trip was uneventful.
Now that's how you make memories.

Ky85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ole Blue is having some injector issues, so no excursions for the time being. Waiting on a new set in the mail. Good thing the bay is close here in town, towed the boat out and did some Sunday fishing

Life's good.

Attachments

• 20220626_090723.jpg
    20220626_090723.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 13

12pilgrim

Reaction score
Sprayed the door yesterday. Redid the pinstripe and area today. Very tedious.
A word to the wise from a dummy: if you're replacing both hinges.. do them one at a time, it would have been much easier to properly align. Fixed the door sag but the door still shuts hard with the new weatherstripping from LMC.

Attachments

• 20220625_121605.jpg
    20220625_121605.jpg
    380.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20220614_163908.jpg
    20220614_163908.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 10

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A word to the wise from a dummy: if you're replacing both hinges.. do them one at a time, it would have been much easier to properly align. Fixed the door sag but the door still shuts hard with the new weatherstripping from LMC.
Yea I got that weatherstripping too, had to test repeatedly and bend the lip in, in certain places, to get the doors to shut properly

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A word to the wise from a dummy: if you're replacing both ies.. do them one at a time, it would have been much easier to properly align. Fixed the door sag but the door still shuts hard with the new weatherstripping from LMC.
Well dang! I'll "one up ya", DON'T EVER get a car with T tops!!! I'm building KITT for my wife, I maticulously cleaned and installed new gaskets. It STILL leaks! My solution........well we're just going to have to deal with it until I find a hard top. We tarp it when it rains, but seriously there's no hope for t tops in NW Florida. At least for me to here isn't. It's a really bad design, in my opinion.

Last edited:

12pilgrim

Reaction score
Yea I got that weatherstripping too, had to test repeatedly and bend the lip in, in certain places, to get the doors to shut properly
I wish I hadn't thrown the original weatherstripping out.. it wasn't even leaky. Dang Chinese aftermarket products!

12pilgrim

Reaction score
Well dang! I'll "one up ya", DON'T EVER get a car with T tops!!! I'm building KITT for my wife, I maticulously cleaned and installed new gaskets. It STILL leaks! My solution........well we're just going to have to deal with it until I find a hard top. We tarp it when it rains, but seriously there's no hope for t tops in NW Florida. At least for me to here isn't. It's a really bad design, in

Well dang! I'll "one up ya", DON'T EVER get a car with T tops!!! I'm building KITT for my wife, I maticulously cleaned and installed new gaskets. It STILL leaks! My solution........well we're just going to have to deal with it until I find a hard top. We tarp it when it rains, but seriously there's no hope for t tops in NW Florida. At least for me to here isn't. It's a really bad design, in my opinion.
That would cause a lot of frustrated sleepless nights.. and nightmares. Just spray it all with bedliner

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That would cause a lot of frustrated sleepless nights.. and nightmares. Just spray it all with bedliner
I've siliconed it, but the way the window glass is supposed to press against the seal just won't do right. I mean, it looks cool with no frame around the door glass, BUT IT'S A BAD DESIGN!!! I guess some people make it work, but I'm a FORD guy and I don't know how to deal with GM products. But after 22yrs of marriage, dad gum it, my wife wants KITT. It's cheaper, cooler, and more practical than diamonds.

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
I've siliconed it, but the way the window glass is supposed to press against the seal just won't do right. I mean, it looks cool with no frame around the door glass, BUT IT'S A BAD DESIGN!!! I guess some people make it work, but I'm a FORD guy and I don't know how to deal with GM products. But after 22yrs of marriage, dad gum it, my wife wants KITT. It's cheaper, cooler, and more practical than diamonds.

i'M Sure GM figured it out, because I saw KITT go full submarine on several oCcasions and David hasselhoff never got wet! ;burnout

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'M Sure GM figured it out, because I saw KITT go full submarine on several oCcasions and David hasselhoff never got wet! ;burnout
Well KITT was the Knight Industries Two Thousand. He's only referred to in the program as a "transam" 2 or 3 times, and a "Pontiac" once, other than that he's called "a black t top", seriously watch all 4seasons. The only way I justify owning a "GM product" is we only refer to it as "KITT". I wouldn't tolerate a non-Ford.