So what did you do with your truck today?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a cheap little specter or whatever they call it. Just have it on there until I clean up the fender and find a spot for the coolant overflow, then I have a Napa 6637 filter ready for it.
Be careful. Those little filters have a nasty habit of coming apart and getting sucked into turbos.

[mention]IDIoit [/mention]

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be careful. Those little filters have a nasty habit of coming apart and getting sucked into turbos.

[mention]IDIoit [/mention]
I only planned to run it until this weekend. Now I’m all scared lol. I have always despised the stupid Chinese filters but I found myself needing the truck and had to settle for a little.

Dane Rickford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I officially rolled the odometer past 300,000!
You must be registered for see images attach

Also I ordered a wicked wheel from Justin and a new Mr. Gasket 105p fuel pump. I was gonna get an upgraded turbo from @Thewespaul, but then I hauled a real heavy load and can no longer justify spending much on the stock turbo after seeing how well it performed. I am hoping to buy a CCD 110 pump, head studs, and the upgraded 093 turbo from Wes in a year or so. I just can’t quite justify it yetLOL

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know the HP gain from this? Thanks again @Thewespaul I’ll be fiddling with everything this week as LMC delayed my flooring

The truck I have one on has at least a good 50hp on the other one. It might be the fact that one is NA and the other is turbo, but I'll go ahead say it's the sticker :D

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recharged the AC in the dually for a trip this weekend, and tightened up a weeping coolant hose. I feel bad because I haven't driven it in a few weeks. Started right up fine though!

Must have something wrong with the injection system, or maybe a cylinder with low compression? I heard one cylinder take a little longer than the others to catch and it's 90 outside so I doubt it's glow plug related.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Just walked by it because I have not started pulling engine. Few months ago it pushed out coolant. So replaced 15 year old motorcraft thermostat thinking it failed closed....Nope. With cap off radiator and full of coolant it pushed most of the coolant out. Head gasket. Cracked head or block cylinder or??? Just not really looking forwards to this work. But I purchased a ez up so I can work in the California sun and not have a stroke...

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got around to installing my CDD glow plug harness and zf9’s. It Looks so much better, somewhere along the line all the stock plastic things for the old harness broke off so it was bare metal. This is more presentable

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally picked up a camper shell. Got my friends’ dad’s sticker on there. If anybody is into podcasts or mountain biking, go check out his channel B1KER bar. Ready to hit some trails now

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put some miles on the old girl, around 5-600. Went down to Gettysburg to haul an F150 back, had absolutely perfect weather and a great time hanging out with @tjsea and his crew. A couple minor issues but absolutely no trouble from the truck. Man I love this old beast, definitely needs a turbo though!

pafixitman

Reaction score
Put some miles on the old girl, around 5-600. Went down to Gettysburg to haul an F150 back, had absolutely perfect weather and a great time hanging out with @tjsea and his crew. A couple minor issues but absolutely no trouble from the truck. Man I love this old beast, definitely needs a turbo though!

Gburg? You were 20 minutes from me. We had the grill going and drinks flowing celebrating my daughter’s graduation

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsthomas21

Members online