So what did you do with your truck today?

Zephyr

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
LOL. After sitting so long during my prolonged repairs, a mother mouse proceeded in moving into the cab. I saw the mouse crap and trapped her. Little did I know that the little ones were still in there, until they started crawling out from under the seat and dying. The smell wasn't quite "pro-chubby". Now the carpet is out for pressure washing and I had to rig up a redneck driver's seat to allow the wife to steer while I pulled the truck around with the tractor. She didn't really appreciate the 4-way adjustable seat (on rollers).:)

Last edited:

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. After sitting so long during my prolonged repairs, a mother mouse proceeded in moving into the cab. I saw the mouse crap and trapped her. Little did I know that the little ones were still in there, until they started crawling out from under the seat and dying. The smell wasn't quite "pro-chubby". Now the carpet is out for pressure washing and I had to rig up a redneck driver's seat to allow the wife to steer while I pulled the truck around with the tractor. She didn't really appreciate the 4-way adjustable seat (on rollers).:)

During a prolonged "off the road" period my 07' Mustang GT was invaded by mice. They made a nest in the airbox, a nest in the spare tire well, and another under the carpet in the interior.

I literally had to gut the entire car, steam clean the carpet, clean and disinfect the interior tub multiple times, replace the cabin filter, remove everything from the trunk and defunk all of that as well to get the smell out. Took a couple months of cleaning, then seeing if the smell was gone, then cleaning again until it was.

So when I found the black snake in my garage I left him there. Figured he'd do more good than harm.

I feel your pain. Hope it cleans up easy.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday. Used it to haul my 08 Expedition back from my mechanic. Found out I only have one headlight, and that on high beam only. Pass side no worky high or low, driver's only on high. Oh yeah, no trailer lights either except brakes and sigs. lol. made it back tho. even passed a cop, musta been feeling lazy.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday. Used it to haul my 08 Expedition back from my mechanic. Found out I only have one headlight, and that on high beam only. Pass side no worky high or low, driver's only on high. Oh yeah, no trailer lights either except brakes and sigs. lol. made it back tho. even passed a cop, musta been feeling lazy.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cleaned the shop truck up for once, packing up for a trip with the family heading out to West Texas, even got the inside of the bed painted

Yes still no hood...

SebastIDIan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About the pyros...I've tapped the manifolds of every diesel I've owned without any cracks leaks or failed turbos.
Brand new drill bit and brand new tap evrry time taking it reeaaaaaaaaally slow making sure there's no "chips" but rather long "curls". Clean up with a magnet when done and voila.
Doing it while the engine is running is counterproductive. If you know anything about fluid dynamics you've probably heard about the venturi effect.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Doing it while the engine is running is counterproductive. If you know anything about fluid dynamics you've probably heard about the venturi effect.

Evidently you forgot about a wee thing called back pressure.
Just a hole isn't the same as a venturi either......

Regardless, isn't really a "wrong way." Well, unless you're trying to tap a up pipe, or put it in the downpipe. Lol
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Bumper

Reaction score
My son has an excavating business so i bought this old truck to help with the smaller jobs and hauling the skidloader around , installed the dump bed last winter , made it alot more use full ,glad i bought it , a fun truck to drive

Vern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got into a bit of trouble when I realized I had a leaking hub seal contaminating the driver rear brake. I managed to get it back together with the hub and seals of the parts truck. I may have improved the situation but it's high time to replace the pads and drum after the soaked in gear oil. Cleaned them up and the the breaking has improved but is loud. I doubt a shoe's material
ever comes back from that.

Broken_Season

Reaction score
Well for starters Driving home from Calvin's shop and getting the truck weighed in (6900 with my ass in the truck) I noticed a huge oil leak when I stopped the truck. I first thought it was the oil feed line for the turbo, But after pulling the IP pump and lines (replacing 2 leaky fuel lines) I found that the hose on the out side of the turbo was completely wrecked. Added a new piece of hose that fit a bit better.

Replaced the Injector lines thanks to Calvin for the parts! Got the pump back in the truck and bled everything. Didn't take to long to get the pump back in.

I found also when removing parts that the hose between the turbo and the manifold was not even attached. Truck runs good but now runs better with a new piece of hose that is longer and fits much better!

After that I buttoned everything up and I noticed a good power gain now that it actually getting boost. And no more oil leak!!

Please excuse the Spectra filter. once I get around to it ill be running a BHAF I hope!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online