So what did you do with your truck today?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it's not what I did, but the parts fairy left me some trinkets.

You must be registered for see images attach

The plastic filters (only one in the picture) will be going before my new tank selector valve which should be here tomorrow.

I decided to get the pack of hose clamps because it was like $12 or so for I think 60 pieces. They're about $1ea at the parts store! They'll get used I'm sure lol!

Not looking forward to a diesel shower, but it'll be nice to have it working again finally.
If you can run one tank dry, and stick a vacuum in the filler of the other tank, you’ll get just a dribble coming out of the lines ;Sweet

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can run one tank dry, and stick a vacuum in the filler of the other tank, you’ll get just a dribble coming out of the lines ;Sweet

Thanks Wes, that should help. The front tank has been completely unhooked for a few weeks now (since I dropped the tank to fix the pickup). I'm hoping to do it this weekend so I'll just run low on fuel in the rear too to help.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was quite the interesting 'other way' to do this somewhere on here [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was quite the interesting 'other way' to do this somewhere on here [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Oh I remember. Lets not get back to the topic of a certain member nekkid on a creeper :joker:

EDIT: I found it again for giggles. Shame, looks like some of the "unrelated posts" were "cleaned up" hahaha

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stupid me picked up another rig.
She's a 1987 F-350 cab-and-chassis truck. 2wd, dually with a 12x8 flatbed and lift gate(!)
She has a 6.9 IDI, C6... and a ATS Turbocharger on it!

The bad is that it has a bad spot on the ring gear, so it'll crank about 7/8 of a revolution before having to be manually barred past the bad spot.
She (eventually) fired and ran(and ran well!), but ended up running out of fuel halfway home(hence the trailer).

I paid $600.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could sell the flatbed for $600 and keep the lift gate! I'd say it was a steal!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Played plumber and electrician today.

Finally I can switch between tanks again!

I had it working and then the truck died. Turned out I had the wires completely backwards. It was showing 1/4 tank, and was set to rear which HAS a quarter tank, but was pulling from the empty front tank! Switched the wires out and we're good!

This is the old pump I pulled out.

No markings that I can identify but it wasn't keeping up at rpms. Yesterday coming home my fuel filter light kept coming on. Pretty sure it was actually the pump not the filter, if you've seen my posts you'll understand!

EDIT: Ironically my projects today were EXACT opposites. I was putting a mechanical pump on my gasser and removing the electric while removing the mechanical on my IDI and putting on an electric!

Last edited:

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I remember. Lets not get back to the topic of a certain member nekkid on a creeper :joker:

EDIT: I found it again for giggles. Shame, looks like some of the "unrelated posts" were "cleaned up" hahaha
[emoji24][emoji23][emoji24][emoji23] well was good while it lasted!!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove it to the gas station with 1/8 of a tank. First time I've EVER been able to run under a quarter tank. It was pretty nerve racking knowing I could run out of fuel but it's nice to know it can run below 1/4 now!

New fuel pump runs great! Good to have it working right now!

oregon96psd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished up my wiring harness for the PSD and made sure it runs, now just gotta clean it up, make the harness look good and swap motors over :D