So what did you do with your truck today?

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally did a oil chanfc after 7.5k miles threw in a bottle of mmo just to see what it knocks out also ordered a new tenisor pulley

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ran the cable for the CB antenna as part of my pre rally checklist. Hopefully I will get the mount later this week and get it up.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna be a busy week...
I've read a few short posts about arp head studs now I don't plan on adding a turbo any time soon but would that give a n/a any benifit besides able to handle a lil more.road abuse not like hot hot roding n that jazz just normal daily stuff n a hual here n there

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've read a few short posts about arp head studs now I don't plan on adding a turbo any time soon but would that give a n/a any benifit besides able to handle a lil more.road abuse not like hot hot roding n that jazz just normal daily stuff n a hual here n there

IMHO? If you're rebuilding and there's any chance of a turbo in the future, well now's the time. No turbo? Don't need them. If you're gonna abuse a na engine to get it hot enough to blow a gasket you've got personal problems that head studs won't fix...

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMHO? If you're rebuilding and there's any chance of a turbo in the future, well now's the time. No turbo? Don't need them. If you're gonna abuse a na engine to get it hot enough to blow a gasket you've got personal problems that head studs won't fix...
Lol um nope no hot rod here might burn a tread mark here n there from silly cou ntrt bumkin drivers but other then that it's.a daily n if I have to haul any things just furniture or scrap n such stuff the wife sees junk store shopping. Next.summer if fund are there I plan on a 94 7.3 tubro 4x4 as well as by my bday this yr that international I posted in the Lounge

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I decided to remove my fuel filter n see how well the diesel I been getting was since it's a new fuel station seemed like my in-laws dodge Cummins liked it figured I try it well here is the picture of what the bottom looked like.

The diesel from the fuelfilter was straight yellow just can't seem to figure out what the black stuff is theres none in the bottle I had from the filter n I've check all my.lines n such my fuel filter light just stil comes on when I hit about 45mph diesnt bog down just shuts off here n there could it be stuff in the tanks

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep looks like mine did. How old is your filter? Mine was about a year and a half old when I started having issues. That's what was in it. Looked like sand, maybe rust in the tank?

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep looks like mine did. How old is your filter? Mine was about a year and a half old when I started having issues. That's what was in it. Looked like sand, maybe rust in the tank?
Filter is about two months old n guess I can look Through posts on how easy or bad it can get to drop/properly clean tanks since funds are null have to get wife Oldsmobile 88 a radiator