So what did you do with your truck today?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the inside lips of your doors. The usually rust from the inside out. Hard to get to the inside portion but you could at least get some paint or por or something in the inside by pulling the door panel.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the inside lips of your doors. The usually rust from the inside out. Hard to get to the inside portion but you could at least get some paint or por or something in the inside by pulling the door panel.

Your right this is how it was rusting. Last fall I changed all my window seals on the outside. Water was going straight inside the doors especially when I washed it. I poured some black paint inside the bottoms of the doors. Hopefully that with a fresh coat of paint on the outside and the new rubber seals will keep the doors nice while they're still 95% metal.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Long door life requires maintaining open drainage ports at the bottom of the door. All to often body repairs to the door bottom eliminates drainage ports via covering with body filler or spraying undercoating inside the door which runs down and solidifies blocking these little drainage features. Trapped moisture = corrosion. Best way to check these, remove door panel, lay flash light inside door, then view bottom side of door while looking for the light.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed the oil a couple days ago. Today I had the "pleasure" of dropping the front tank to put a hose on to replace the showerhead. Tomorrow I get the "joy" of doing the same to the rear tank.

I drilled out the rivets on my tank selector valve and pulled it apart to see if I could fix it. The electric motor is FRIED. So bad that it stunk up my whole garage, and It's been disconnected all winter. I'm not going to try to fix it, I'll bite the bullet and get another one.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

No before and after pictures but today I taped off and painted the drip guards above the doors and the entire roof. Lots of clear was flaking off up there and if you look at the pictures from the other night you can definitely tell the difference.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dropped the rear tank and added hose to replace the showerhead. Lots of little pieces of showerhead left in there that I'm sure I'll regret not pulling out but I was out of time.

Ordered the new selector valve last night. I'll probably put some filters inline before it.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got the truck ready for its road trip tomorrow. I haven't had time to work on the truck lately, so the oil had 6K miles on it and needed to be changed. The oil level was still in the normal range according to the dipstick, so that's 6K miles on conventional Rotella without adding a quart. Something's clearly wrong here ;Poke

Took it to the automated car wash afterwards. The one I normally go to was down, so I tried the only other one in town. Everything was fine, it did a good job... right up until the final rinse, when it decided to hose my truck down with pine needles and leaves. That must've been the universe punishing me for my laziness.

Looking forward to the GTG tomorrow. If anyone wants to try out a hydroboosted truck hit me up, if all you've ever experienced are the vacuum brakes then you'll be in for a surprise. :D

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alternator rebuilt! Wanted to upgrade to the powermaster big amperage alternator but money doesn't permit right now.

My 90 oil burner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I pulled my oil cooler off (P.O. had used rtv instead of gaskets) the tubes were plugged up so used wire hanger to clear out holes and into the parts washer

Replaced valve cover gaskets and painted top of engine plus a coat on new water pump
Here’s couple of pics

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went out in the desert and shot some whistle pigs.

Now that truck looks "arrow straight" and factory orig. Nice!

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

No before and after pictures but today I taped off and painted the drip guards above the doors and the entire roof. Lots of clear was flaking off up there and if you look at the pictures from the other night you can definitely tell the difference.

Beauty of a truck!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it's not what I did, but the parts fairy left me some trinkets.

The plastic filters (only one in the picture) will be going before my new tank selector valve which should be here tomorrow.

I decided to get the pack of hose clamps because it was like $12 or so for I think 60 pieces. They're about $1ea at the parts store! They'll get used I'm sure lol!

Not looking forward to a diesel shower, but it'll be nice to have it working again finally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
93 Farm Truck