So what did you do with your truck today?

flyarmyguns

Reaction score
The pedal was an afterthought. After I installed the seats I realized that their geometry is off for our trucks. They were made to sit low in the cabin. Because they sit rather high in the truck, and lay back like a sports car, my legs dangled like a kid in a highchair (and I'm 6-3). They put uncomfortable pressure on the back of my thighs. It took no time at all to realize that wasn't gonna work.
Luckily the dead pedal solved the problem... The parking brake stops about 1 inch above the dead pedal, so its pretty much a perfect fit...

But now I have to figure out what to do about floor mats!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck started like a dream after e pump installed but two days ago it started to struggle. Looks like pregnant me got lazy when I did the return lines a few years ago.

I've been daily driving it to make sure it is ready for the trip to the rally. I am definitely alienating all the other soccer moms heehee
You must be registered for see images

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Truck started like a dream after e pump installed but two days ago it started to struggle. Looks like pregnant me got lazy when I did the return lines a few years ago.

I've been daily driving it to make sure it is ready for the trip to the rally. I am definitely alienating all the other soccer moms heehee
You must be registered for see images

On my **** aka tan/cream truck I see a wet spot right where your back on is on ur pic it's not big it any thing just a small drop here n there whear the top rubber piece meets the metal line are those supposed to drip a bit or do I replace them all n what's the rubber part number n mad respect working on rigs pregnant

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On my **** aka tan/cream truck I see a wet spot right where your back on is on ur pic it's not big it any thing just a small drop here n there whear the top rubber piece meets the metal line are those supposed to drip a bit or do I replace them all n what's the rubber part number n mad respect working on rigs pregnant
Here is a photo of the kit. Commonly called the return line kit. It comes with everything you need to do all of the lines and caps. Once you do one, often they all become disturbed so best to get a kit and just do it all. Easier on an NA, a little bit more difficult on a turbo.

I got my kits from a member here: typ4

Also if you think your truck is a "****" I'm glad you cannot see mine haha

You must be registered for see images attach

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a photo of the kit. Commonly called the return line kit. It comes with everything you need to do all of the lines and caps. Once you do one, often they all become disturbed so best to get a kit and just do it all. Easier on an NA, a little bit more difficult on a turbo.

I got my kits from a member here: typ4

Also if you think your truck is a "****" I'm glad you cannot see mine haha

Awesome n eh I call the truck a **** a pig a rolling tin can the **** part is cause the truck is two tone cream an brown in the middle n thanks for the information on return lines

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spent 3 hours last night messing with the last power door lock that I hadn't replaced on Ernest. Thought the motor was seized up but it turns out the rod that goes from the actuator area up to the push button by the window was seized where it rotates by the plunger.

I got annoyed, cut the horizontal rod (guess I'll just assume that door is locked when the other 3 plungers go down) and it moved super easy.

Never use back door actuators. They're like 150$ for no real reason. Just get the front door ones, cut the rod off the old one and put one in the new one and hose clamp them together. Cut a little window in the side of the door by the actuator with a grinder to do all of this and make it easier if you want and glue the metal piece back in. Or struggle with your arm in the door. Haha. At least finally all 4 actuators are replaced. Just sucks it was a 1 at a time over two year project.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my mudflap back on, tightened up the brakes, replaced the quick disconnect and a section of rubber hose and my air intrusion seems to be fixed.

There's still more that SHOULD be done, but I think that's all that'll be done before the rally. She'll make it. Just wish I had my driver's side speaker fixed....

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well found a fuel line check valve to put in my return for the tranny. 5psi cracking pressure should be good to keep the converter from draining back. Installed and drove it discreetly around the neighborhood (need tags to be legal.. who'd guess that) checked the lines with my hand for heat and feels good. Engine is still getting over warm but need to burp it when it's cooler.

Next up get a temp tag and drive it like I stole it and do an e test.. Fingers crossed it passes...

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Air and fuel filter. Removed the remaining random aluminum pieces from the home made running boards off the truck.

Also replaced showerhead but I've been living in fear so long from 1/4 tank I don't think I will be able to chance it.

I think I may need a step. The kids are struggling up hee hee.

Step 1 of tuning CB antenna is go somewhere without buildings or power lines. WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE IN NEW JERSEY!

I got 1:6 (1.6?).

I live right by 2 truck stops on 78 (major east/west for truckers) and right next to jugtown mountain which for NJ is a long incline.

So channel 19 is quite busy and colorful haha. I had a kid in the car and decided not to play stern and just listen to the cb. Howard was cleaner today haha.

Last edited:

Joseph Davis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on my way to the wrecking yards in Los Angeles and got a front tire blow out while doing 70 MPH and you will not believe how hard it pulled to the left when it happened. My friend started yelling hit the brakes but I knew just to turn off cruise control and let her roll to a stop and just uses the left shoulder of the Highway because it was all dirt. I called my insurance company and got a free tow and had to buy two front tires because someone scattered there engine all over the road. I have never seen a 1/2 a piston inside the tire beads before but now I get to laugh and tease my friend all day because "Hit the brakes!". We end up waiting All day to get two tires because the tires are 235-85-16R very hard to find but since we were stuck we cruised the Blvd. using are shoes lol. It put an end to a Parts list day but I just made a day of it stranded in Santa Barbara CA. lol. I love being marooned in a true tropical paradise watching all the beautiful Girls of Santa Barbara.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I was on my way to the wrecking yards in Los Angeles and got a front tire blow out while doing 70 MPH and you will not believe how hard it pulled to the left when it happened.
I can believe it because I had it happen to me except that it was the right front. I was pulling a trailer full of ATVs behind me. When it blew, I was instantly in the ditch hanging on to the steering wheel for dear life with both hands. I put the spare on in the bottom of the ditch. IIt was steep enough that I put it into 4 low to get back out without a lot of tire spinning.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wheelsrollin