Rotella 15w40 vs Rotella 15w40 Full Synthetic

CBRF3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a killer deal! Synthetic oil change for a total of $43 with a spare gallon and a half! Might need to run that in the summer. Then I can be running synthetic year round! Wish I could just buy a barrel and use it all year round, but i really like the 5w-40 for winter up here in AK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
look at the cold flow specs it is almost identical to rotella T6 synthetic 5w-40 at -20c so you be the judge and i have no doubts of it starting my old diesels in 3ft+ of snow and -10f or so temps compared to delo 400 or rotella 15w-40 its night and day this stuff flows easily in the cold and is 30%ish PAO group IV actuall synthetic not group III highly refined dino only like mopst claimed synthetic oils and many full synthetic oils are nothing but group III highly refined dino oil not group IV or PAO oil.

In short the sinopec TULUX T700 15w-40 diesel oil should be 4-5 times its price but it isn't so I take advantage of it and use it I do not like to give out these secrets like this online for fear it could drive the price up but after a few years running it I am impressed I will just say that its very very impressive good oil for its price.

oh the 5 gallon pails are not full 5 gallons theyre 4.75 gallons it threw me off also but hey it works fine lol 0.25 quart less for the price I do not care its enough for a oil change give this oil a try and you might be suprised.

Last edited:

stick_witch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
look at the cold flow specs it is almost identical to rotella T6 synthetic 5w-40 at -20c so you be the judge and i have no doubts of it starting my old diesels in 3ft+ of snow and -10f or so temps compared to delo 400 or rotella 15w-40 its night and day this stuff flows easily in the cold and is 30%+ PAO group IV actuall synthetic not group III highly refined dino only.

In short the sinopec TULUX T700 15w-40 diesel oil should be 4-5 times its price but it isn't so I take advantage of it and use it I do not like to give out these secrets like this online for fear it could drive the price up but after a few years running it I am impressed I will just say that its very very impressive good oil for its price.
Roger! Hear you loud and clear!

stick_witch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to do a little digging on Sinopec because honestly it seems too good to be true. Stumbled upon this post on bobistheoilguy https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/sinopec-synthetic-15w-40.269395/post-4477947
Seems my suspicion was valid, certifications and test sheets have no date or reference on them. Many of the links are broken so you have to dig yourself.

So they may have achieved their claims at one point in time, but theres no way of knowing if the product they sell now is even remotely the same product or if it even lives up to any of its claimed certifications and standards.

So it seems that if you go with the Chinese oil mogul Sinopec you’re plagued with the poor Chinese industry standards and practices that come with it. It could be great oil, but in reality, you have no way of knowing what you’re getting unless you have it tested, which takes away from your price savings.

Again, i think doing your own digging and going with whatever oil allows you to rest with ease at night is the one to go with.

CBRF3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had to do a little digging on Sinopec because honestly it seems too good to be true. Stumbled upon this post on bobistheoilguy https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/sinopec-synthetic-15w-40.269395/post-4477947
Seems my suspicion was valid, certifications and test sheets have no date or reference on them. Many of the links are broken so you have to dig yourself.

So they may have achieved their claims at one point in time, but theres no way of knowing if the product they sell now is even remotely the same product or if it even lives up to any of its claimed certifications and standards.

So it seems that if you go with the Chinese oil mogul Sinopec you’re plagued with the poor Chinese industry standards and practices that come with it. It could be great oil, but in reality, you have no way of knowing what you’re getting unless you have it tested, which takes away from your price savings.

Again, i think doing your own digging and going with whatever oil allows you to rest with ease at night is the one to go with.

that is the T600 that was the bad version T700 is the one made in the USA Chevron refineries and is 30%ish group IV POA oil essentially its a highly refined delo synthetic with more POA than the delo synthetic the oil I lnked is the Sinopec TULUX T700 15w-40 synthetic

http://english.sinolube.com/content/details15_570.html

https://www.walmart.com/ip/15W40-Fu...gine-Oil-5-Gallon-Pail-18L-4-75-GAL/848072546

see not the T600 trust me initially i made the same mistake with exact same link to that thread and such i made phone calls and tons of research and even paid for an oil analysis of my oil and all the results were impressive both used and new oil tests sent to blackstone labs I no longer have any idea where those results are located been so long they may be in a box in illinois back at the farm or wherever or in one of my old emails i no longer use who knows.

I can vouch this though so far it has impressed me and i am still running it in multiple vehicles / equipment and not seen anything bad and the oil changes i do my a few of my vehicles are around the 10k mile mark yes gasoline but the oil still comes out almost like new oil with literally same results as day i put it in motor oil pressure wise and such I am very finicky about oil myself and have a keen ear for noise and i watch my oil lvls and condition closely.

Last edited:

stick_witch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This oil honestly deserves its own thread. I’ll have to find some Chevron/Sinopec statements on the T700. Still seems kinda too good to be true to me IMO.

Hard to say though, Mercedes endorses the use of Sinopec in their vehicles and Sinopec is also a main brand Chinese oil and gas company, and is the largest oil manufacturer/distributor in the world, which should i guess say something. I imagine there is a lot of fleet vehicles running this stuff all around the world with no problems, but who knows.

Anyway, on a less serious not, I’m not sure how much I even like the metaphorical idea of running Chinese blood through my American diesel... sounds like some kind of Communist trojan horse to me lol[emoji23] but maybe its worth getting a bucket of it and a VOA. Can’t hurt to run it in the truck for 3000 miles, right?? **Famous last words[emoji23]

CBRF3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay sinopec bought several of chevrons main oil refineries but in the USA chevron makes the sinopec oil so when you buy the T700 that is the oil that comes from the chevron USA refinery and is held to US standards so it isnt just cheap chinesse corner cut oil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Oil

Last edited:

stick_witch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is the T600 that was the bad version T700 is the one made in the USA Chevron refineries and is 30%ish group IV POA oil essentially its a highly refined delo synthetic with more POA than the delo synthetic the oil I lnked is the Sinopec TULUX T700 15w-40 synthetic

http://english.sinolube.com/content/details15_570.html

https://www.walmart.com/ip/15W40-Fu...gine-Oil-5-Gallon-Pail-18L-4-75-GAL/848072546

see not the T600 trust me initially i made the same mistake with exact same link to that thread and such i made phone calls and tons of research and even paid for an oil analysis of my oil and all the results were impressive both used and new oil tests sent to blackstone labs I no longer have any idea where those results are located been so long they may be in a box in illinois back at the farm or wherever or in one of my old emails i no longer use who knows.

I can vouch this though so far it has impressed me and i am still running it in multiple vehicles / equipment and not seen anything bad and the oil changes i do my a few of my vehicles are around the 10k mile mark yes gasoline but the oil still comes out almost like new oil with literally same results as day i put it in motor oil pressure wise and such I am very finicky about oil myself and have a keen ear for noise and i watch my oil lvls and condition closely.
Hahaha you’ve sold me. I’m definitely overly critical and a total devil’s advocate when it comes to stuff like this, but I’m also too curious for my own good lol. Gonna have to take your word for it and give it a try. I’ll take a VOA of it as well and see what the boys at Blackstone have to say about the batch.

CBRF3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hahaha you’ve sold me. I’m definitely overly critical and a total devil’s advocate when it comes to stuff like this, but I’m also too curious for my own good lol. Gonna have to take your word for it and give it a try. I’ll take a VOA of it as well and see what the boys at Blackstone have to say about the batch.

Do a fresh oil sample and a used oil sample at a set point as i said I have already done this and I was impressed and my hands on experience tells me this oils pretty good impressively good for the price.

stick_witch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do a fresh oil sample and a used oil sample at a set point as i said I have already done this and I was impressed and my hands on experience tells me this oils pretty good impressively good for the price.
I will for sure! Thanks for the share!

Now if anyone asks if Sinopec is good oil we’ll just say “It’s cheap Chinese garbage! Don’t buy it! *wink *wink” lol. Keep all those proud Cummins owners off our stash of cheap oil and keep those prices low![emoji23]

CBRF3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
F
If it's cheaper to not meet specs, Sinopec won't. It's the Chinese way.
Funny Sinopec has to make it to US standards or it wouldn't get the API approval or approval from detroit / cummins / mercedez / Ford / Caterpillar / Diamler / Deutz / MAN / Renault / Allison / MTU / Volvo / or Mack as it has already been tested and approved by these companies many are US based and again the USA Chevron Refinery makes the Sinopec T700 so again I think it is pretty well debunked as it being crap chinesse oil with corners cut.

Last edited:

CBRF3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will for sure! Thanks for the share!

Now if anyone asks if Sinopec is good oil we’ll just say “It’s cheap Chinese garbage! Don’t buy it! *wink *wink” lol. Keep all those proud Cummins owners off our stash of cheap oil and keep those prices low![emoji23]

Yeah oil is expensive anymore and the miles rack up fast when your have to drive alot and our old IDI's will foul oil pretty fast because of theyre old design and excessive blowby by design AKA wide 2nd compression ring gap from factory ( why i like to run 6.9 sleeved 7.3 blocks and use the early 6.9 tight ring gap ring set both compression rings run the same ring gap from hastings https://apaengineering.net/HastingsCatalog/Home/partdetail/1420 ) so I change mine every 5k miles with this sinopec T700 oil delo and rotella weren't holding up for 5k miles for me in my usage and my oil was soot loaded and getting pretty bad aka TBN's were tanking hard. This sinopec T700 is holding up well and my oil usage has went down drastically over the delo 400 and rotella i did theyre synthetic version also had similar results out of multiple trucks the oil made it to the 5k on the synthetic version of delo / rotella but the TBN's were getting low and I just couldn't keep them in my truck my motor drank it like a alchoholic drinks beer LOL.

I currently am not driving any of my motors i built up back in the day doing 7.3 blocks and 6.9 sleeved and that hastings tight ring set when i did my blowby was almost non existent even with a ton of miles on the motors and my oil consumption was also very low add viton valve quide seals and well my oil consumption was next to 0 in a oil change.

Last edited:

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
walmart.com shipped to my door within 2-4 days i was buying the 5 gallon buckets then ordered a 55 gallon drum last time ( had sent to store to avoid shipping fees ) and had to go to the store to get it went to the truck loading dock and they put it in back of my truck with a fork lift in and out on my way home from work on the way home a simple 15 minute stop to get it loaded and out the door heading home with my 55 gallon drum of it.

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=siniopec tulux T700
Thank you very much for sharing your secret oil, this is just what I've been hoping for! I appreciate the diligence and review you've given.

stick_witch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much for sharing your secret oil, this is just what I've been hoping for! I appreciate the diligence and review you've given.
I second this, thank you very much for the insight! Greatly appreciate the knowledge and experience you’ve shared with us here. Honestly, this oil probably deserves it’s own thread, but at the same time it’d be nice to not spike it popularity and price. People i guess just need to try it for themselves.