Recommended Stanadyne Forumula?

squeekyM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for all the great info so far everyone. I am looking to buy some of the stanadyne fuel additives, but am not exactly sure which would be the best for my truck. In live in the BayArea in California, where I do not believe their are 'winter blends' of fuel. I am curious if I should spend the extra money on the Stanadyne PERFORMANCE FORMULA, or drop down to the JUNIOR PERFORMANCE, or simply run the LUBRICITY FORMULA.

http://www.dieselpage.com/additive.htm

http://www.dieselpage.com/addchart.htm

I definately do not want to go cheap and miss out on some very important specs on the PERFORMANCE, but at the sametime I do not want to be wasting money on something I do not need. The chart on the last link shows the difference between the additives. Would running a high concentration of the lubricant all the time have any harmful effects? Please let me know what you would recommend. Thanks in advance for the help.

- Jerry

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
Hey jerry, if you are anywhere near Walnut Creek, CA there is a shop called Morgans Performance that carries Diesel Clean. best stuff that i have used so far. I also biodiesel blend, so i dont have to worry about lubricity. people run additives for a couple different reasons as far as i can tell. Clean injectors, lubricate, and raise centane. if you are like me with bio-diesel, you want to raise your centane. if you are looking to augment the ULSD, you want the lubricating (and centane). if you think your injectors are dirty, you want the cleaning. personally, id rather be doing only one of those things at a time, rather than dumping a bottle of "jack-o-all-trades" in the tank and as such, ill run a tank of cleaner laced, then after that a blend of centane and biodiesel with diesel. repeat the cleaner tank every few tanks. hope that answered some questions.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Performance Jr. It's the same thing as the performance but without the anti-gel agents. This way you get the bennies of the cetane improvers that the Lube formula doesn't have.

squeekyM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

Evergreen- I have heard a lot about bio-diesel, but have no idea how it run/effects our trucks. Let me know if you have any info you can give me. Walnut Creek isn't too far from where I am. I'm on the Peninsula, so its maybe a 40-50 minute drive.

Argve- Would I have any need for the anti-geling stuff, being in a fairly warm part of California? I am assuming it is mainly for cold weather. Please let me know.

Thanks again.

EvergreenRanch

In Transition
Reaction score
squeekyM said:
Thanks for the info.

Evergreen- I have heard a lot about bio-diesel, but have no idea how it run/effects our trucks. Let me know if you have any info you can give me. Walnut Creek isn't too far from where I am. I'm on the Peninsula, so its maybe a 40-50 minute drive.

Argve- Would I have any need for the anti-geling stuff, being in a fairly warm part of California? I am assuming it is mainly for cold weather. Please let me know.

Thanks again.

Hey Jerry, if your that close to us over in east bay, we have a commercial bio-diesel station here in martinez that sell b100 for about $3.15 a gallon. Works fabulously in our trucks and every other diesel engine i have (a powerstroke and a kubota). smells pleasant, no noticeable loss in performance, blends perfectly with the regular diesel. no loss in mileage. i love the stuff. and this place will deliver 250 gallon totes for free, and give you a hefty PPG discount. they told me to have a spare fuel filter on hand, but having replaced it once, id say its not that big of a concern. and i know the question is for argve, but niether i nor my family who have been running diesels on the ranch here in east bay for quite a long time (decades), have ever had need of a anti-gel.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everybody has their favorite. I run Howes Diesel Treat.

Give your diesel a treat. Get Howes.

There. Now where is my Howes commission. LOL

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd run Howes if they would give you those cool bottles for mixing up that exact dose for each tankful! Now who's got some of them bottles?? Hmm oh yah! LOL