Time to defeat my FSS?

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Black dawg

Reaction score
If you remove the arm that is actuated buy the fss/connected to the fss, the engine will run......but wont shut off.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think a manual shutoff could be achieved with a little fab work and drill. Would probably be much better with access to a mill and lathe.

James

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How would you seal the pass-through? What would you pass through, for that matter?
I don't have those answers because I have never tried to do it. But I do know that if there is a desire to make it happen, anything can be done.

As for what to pass through should be the easiest part. I would probably start with a piece of stainless round stock.

With access to a mill you could even completely remake a billet top cover.

James

tbowker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With access to a mill you could even completely remake a billet top cover.
I have a mill, but I am by no means a machinist. What I've learned is that buying the mill is cheap, getting all the tooling you need for various projects is what gets expensive. A comfortable couch is very important. LOL

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a mill, but I am by no means a machinist. What I've learned is that buying the mill is cheap, getting all the tooling you need for various projects is what gets expensive. A comfortable couch is very important. LOL
I am definitely no machinist either. But I have always been able to muddled my way through anything I have needed.

I have a small lathe and have been on the hunt for a small mill also.

James

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramtough01

Members online

No members online now.