Radius Arm Bracket

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Planing to replace the Radius arm bushing but since our brackets are the rivet style i figured why not grind it out and install aftermarket one made by Moog part listed on a amazon Moog K8776. According to Moog this part is direct fit for the left side. They do not have any part # for the Right side ( passenger ) they do not even have any reference. I guess this is a mysterious part.

Any one had any success with replacing the Stock bracket with after market one with standard Bolt's and nut if so i would like to know where did you get the parts

Moog offer nice aftermarket Busing part # K80007 cant do the JOB without the Right side which is main side needs attention.

Cheers

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting! I didn't know there was an aftermarket source for these:
You must be registered for see images attach

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Moog-K8776-R...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000C59ZPE

I have blasted out rivets for rear leaf spring shackles several times with success. Usually I use 7/16" grade 8 bolts to put everything back together.

Having said that, I never had to remove my radius arm brackets in order to replace the rubber bushings. Are your brackets damaged?

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting! I didn't know there was an aftermarket source for these:
You must be registered for see images attach

Source: https://www.amazon.com/Moog-K8776-R...=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B000C59ZPE

I have blasted out rivets for rear leaf spring shackles several times with success. Usually I use 7/16" grade 8 bolts to put everything back together.

Having said that, I never had to remove my radius arm brackets in order to replace the rubber bushings. Are your brackets damaged?

The bracket no busted, its solid with Zero rust, I need to replace the busing ONLY but i do not feel to go thru tearing the hole front end to replace a stupid busing due to rivet design.

I feel that it will be much easier , better for future main if it is the bolt on style. I even considered to knock off the Rivet like you said and go with Grade8 but not sure if this has been done before

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been a while since I had to do mine, but I didn't have to take the bracket off. Instead, the radius arm and I beam assembly was able to swing forward far enough to clear the bracket and remove the bushing. I had to disconnect the anti-roll bar though.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use a air hammer and chisel to remove the rivets. I had mine off when I did the lift kit and just bolted it all back on.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel that it will be much easier , better for future main if it is the bolt on style. I even considered to knock off the Rivet like you said and go with Grade8 but not sure if this has been done before

Lots of people do it this way. I looked and looked before I replaced mine. I just unhooked my front end when I did mine but if you properly torque the hardware you should be fine.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did mine, but mostly because I was also replacing my I-beam bushings. It wasn't too bad pulling the front end forward with a ratchet strap to get the bushings on the radius arms. But I did replace one bracket anyway due to disfigurement and used a cut off wheel sideways to just grind off the rivet head, then one tap of the air hammer (probably could have just used a "manual hammer" haha). I can see for sure if that's the only thing needing replacement that those brackets are the way to go, however! Or if you have a 4x4.

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dorman makes a lot of replacement brackets for are trucks and they have been good fit and thickness (only thing good that Dorman makes).

I drill the rivets out and enlarge the hole to 1/2" (minor diameter of a 1/2" bolt is 7/16" which is factory size rivets) use a washer on both sides of a grade 8 bolt and a stover nut and they never come loose.

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on what i have going on as i took a very close look over this weekend as i was replacing the Front shocks. New TPS and Windshield whiper motor

1- Radius Arm busing all in excellent shape except the passenger side one in the back close to the Nut side . So it will be very easy to replace But i have to buy the hole Kit

2- One of my I beam busing is worn out and need to be replaced.

3- Rear Right hand swing bar bar bushing need replaced ( the long link to sway bar has busing that is worn out )

4- The Radius arm bracket's i have seem to have 2 rivets and the 3rd one is a Bolt &Nut

So i figured the most PIA work will be finding a good support lift , pressing out the I beam bushing and pressing the new one In. The rest is gravy

Last edited:

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious regarding the Radius arm bushing , since i discovered the Outter bushing is the only worn part but the Moog kit comes with every thing to do both sides inside busing and outside . Would it be worth it to tear the hole thing and do it or should i go by the say

" if aint brook dont fix it "

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I did my lift with the TTB I figured I had it apart anyways, might as well replace it to limit the possibility of having to take it apart again.

I saw a quote from Bill Gates recently, "I chose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it." That said, sometimes the laziest way to do something is to just do a bit extra now to avoid having to do the job twice. :rolleyes: