RABS delete?

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OTOH, the RABS valve was apparently not the cause of my sinking pedal. The system is tight, I've gone through everything checking and replacing as necessary. I tested the booster with a vacuum pump, it held 23 inHg leaking down to about half in 15-30 minutes. I've never suspected the master until now since it looks new and doesn't leak. I guess I'll be installing a new mc, I can't think of anything else that I've not checked or replaced...

PROFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your welcome, sorry it did not fix problem. My parts are waiting patiently until priming and fan clutch problems gone.

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OTOH, the RABS valve was apparently not the cause of my sinking pedal. The system is tight, I've gone through everything checking and replacing as necessary. I tested the booster with a vacuum pump, it held 23 inHg leaking down to about half in 15-30 minutes. I've never suspected the master until now since it looks new and doesn't leak. I guess I'll be installing a new mc, I can't think of anything else that I've not checked or replaced...

I think on mine I am going to find fitting to plug off the mater cyl to make sue it is not bypassing first. I have replace the vacuum pump, booster, mc with no fix yet. Thought about putting an f450 mc on , but they want good money for one, the bore is 1 1/4 instead of 1 1/8.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think on mine I am going to find fitting to plug off the mater cyl to make sue it is not bypassing first. I have replace the vacuum pump, booster, mc with no fix yet. Thought about putting an f450 mc on , but they want good money for one, the bore is 1 1/4 instead of 1 1/8.
Not sure I understand what you're saying. Plug off the master cylinder? How? Did you eliminate the RABS valve?

Randy Bush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure I understand what you're saying. Plug off the master cylinder? How? Did you eliminate the RABS valve?

Plugging it off with fittings just to test it for bypassing, making sure of good / no good.

Did not delete RABS yet, did put a know good one on for a dead truck I have. No fix.

PROFG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am holding off on RABS delete until can test on snow this Winter. Did not get a chance last Winter since Teddy was waiting for emissions need to time out (grandfather). Now none of my wheels need emissions testing. Yahhh.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the hose and adepters suggested by PROFG a few posts back. It worked out very well and no pipe threads so no sealant needed.
Yeah, but youns didn't include pics. This guy did. I like pics.

;):D

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I went to do this delete today. The napa guy I know well, and we went over the parts needed to do the delete. So both brake lines are 3/16, but the nut from the master is 1/2 inch. The master is the left side. Brian from napa showed me that a 1/2 x20 would fit the 90, but the brake line size is not 3/16. It looks more like 1/4 or 5/16. The inverted flare is too big. What did you folks use?
You must be registered for see images attach

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the hose and adepters suggested by PROFG a few posts back. It worked out very well and no pipe threads so no sealant needed.
Hey Sab, what adapter did you use for the end of the hose? That is to hook up the big nut to the hose, 1/2x20?

1mouse3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can pull the line over the frame, then use a union to a line with a matching nut. I think mine had a sensor in that line that was omited, but this is what I got out a inline kit. So you could rebend the line off the master and flare a new nut on, or get another line that will have a nut for both sides.

You must be registered for see images attach

quickster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thginking of replacing the line from the master, then cutting off and reusing the nut on the new line at the master. Will see if I can get to it monday.