R&D stuff

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a heads up... The RD2-110 is a hybrid db2/db4 pump.. it produces 110cc at peak hp.. but over 130cc at full tilt. Unless you are planning on 300+whp.. it's more pump then you need.

Most seem to be more then happy with the RD2-90 in a street/ daily driver application.

As far as his drop-in turbochargers... they are "drop-in" replacements for the ATS 093 charger. Its a BW charger that will bolt on to the factory ATS pedestal and use all the ATS components.

The stage 1 injectors he sells are solid. A buddy of mine runs them and they make a bit more power down low and seem to give a cleaner overall burn. He's running them with a stock high mileage pump.

Justin is a pretty straight up guy.. so if you have questions pertaining to his stuff... give his shop a call and he'll tell you what ever you want/need to know. I've never had any issues with him and he stands behind his work.

The RD110 is still a DB2. The RD150 is a DB4 though.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rd-110 is a hybrid like I said. It's based on a db2 with a db2 head and some db4 internals. States it right on his website. Lol

I uses the same cam pin a's the DB4. It has .310" plungers but Turbo DB2 pumps come standard with those. It also states on the site that it is a 2 plunger head. It is not a hybrid of any sort...

AcIdBuRn02ZTS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... The 90 is a db2.... The 150 is a db4... The 110 is a db2 with db4 internals.. What exactly would you call it then? Usually when you do something along those lines, it's called a hybrid.. doesn't matter how many parts you use from each. Kinda like when you put an hx40 compressor on an HX35.. it becomes an HX35/40 Hybrid.

Fact is you don't have a hand in building his pumps so I'd venture to say you don't know what all has been done to it.. but anyways...

Not really worth an argument but to each their own. Call it what ever you like. A db2 with some db4 parts. Lol

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well... The 90 is a db2.... The 150 is a db4... The 110 is a db2 with db4 internals.. What exactly would you call it then? Usually when you do something along those lines, it's called a hybrid.. doesn't matter how many parts you use from each. Kinda like when you put an hx40 compressor on an HX35.. it becomes an HX35/40 Hybrid.

Fact is you don't have a hand in building his pumps so I'd venture to say you don't know what all has been done to it.. but anyways...

Not really worth an argument but to each their own. Call it what ever you like. A db2 with some db4 parts. Lol

The cam pin is not stock to the DB4 I'm pretty sure they just are used in both pumps. Anyway, this is a very subjective argument and neither of us will change our mind, so it is pointless to even talk about it.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to point out that while it is a bit overkill, my rd2-110 makes a solid 250 at the wheels on a stock turbo setup. I haven't seen a "stock" pump(90cc) make over 215 at the wheels. Yes, it's not being used to it's full potential, but in some ways that actually works better - it's a very nice daily driver combination.

And I'm running a stock mechanical pump with it - idle at 4 psi, full throttle at 2.5 psi. So... it's still providing pressure.
And I still get some smoke at the high end(wot), so it's not my limit.

Also, the real magic of the 110 is the added fill ports edm'd into the rotor... this allows it to keep more output higher in the rev range, compared with a "stock" pump