R&D stuff

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we would love to see pics of these extra EDM'd ports if its possible, is there some over on the other site, or has someone already brought them here? anyways thanks for sharing this Macrobb...J&J
I would too. Maby when I get mt '88 runnig and swap over my rd2-110, I'll take it apart and get
pics. I'm pretty sure the warranty is expired anyway..

turbonator

gm diesel guys, AKA turbonator
Reaction score
in the gm IDI world we are no slouches, been atter now for better than 10 years, and broke lots of stuff...LOL... always like like to see da bling-bling......J&J

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got done doing a mixed bag of upgrades to my truck. I got the builders turbo kit from Justin and the fuel rails. I originally had a ats 88 kit and rebuilt that turbo with a 60-1 housing, wheel, and backing plate so I got a .59 t4 turbine for it for $100 and tial waste gate set to 10 psi but I will creep to 12 when I'm on it up a hill (from all my reading a 60-1 starts to get out of it's efficiency zone after 12). It saved me a lot of expense and since it was just rebuilt I didn't want to part with it yet. I was told the turbine is too small but I love it and I have a 5 speed so I like it for that. I got one of the eBay intercooler kits everyone gets, and an extra ebay manifold I welded up like Justin. For the pump I got an Omega moose because of the price difference ($300 if I remember right).

I thought everyone I dealt with was great and would recommend both with high regards. I no longer have to spin the truck past 2k to keep up with traffic between stop lights. I have 3.55 gears and with the taller 3rd gear I hit 10 psi at 1900. Egts are no longer as and issue, so far the max I've see is 950 up a big hill gunning it from a stop to 60mph which dropped as soon as I was up to speed.

gerlbaum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Btw that was my first time tig'ing aluminum. Despite everyone's horror stories about aluminum, I am much better at it than steel but I prepped everything to the nth degree. Hardest by far was the 3" intercooler pipes.

Probably means I travel too fast tig'ing steel lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online