Project Rewbrooks

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Working on this project for Rick, he's the proud owner of this clean 1994 f250:
You must be registered for see images attach

This truck is setup with rear air bags, gauges, factory turbo w/ 3" downpipe and 3" R&D elbow, 4" diamondeye exhaust, 6.0 trans cooler and 6.0 intercooler. Rick installed the intercooler but needed the piping to be built as well as a few wiring and fuel system issues fixed, and a couple upgrades as well. Im a few days late on getting this build thread going as he brought the truck to me Sunday but we ran into some unexpected issues early on. When the truck was brought here it was drinking oil like diesel, I pulled the intake off to find the turbo had eaten some foreign objects and had been filling the intake with oil. Turbo is off to machining for a billet 60-1 wheel and T350 exhaust wheel, all of the piping is getting ceramic coated as I type this up, here's some of the progress so far on the truck: (not in any particular order)

Roughly mocking up intercooler piping to get an idea of where things are going to sit

Shot of the fuel pump relocation bracket being made:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bracket put bolted in to shorten lines to the new location and make sure everything clears

Drained the remaining half quart of oil out and cut apart the oil filter, oil was clean but theres some metal flake in the filter, doesnt show up well in the pictures but it does have a golden color to it like bearing material, gonna pop a valve cover off and check out the rockers. They are typically the first to be damaged when oil runs low on these engines. Engine sounded good when it came in and was running well on the drive down so Im optimistic, takes a lot to kill an IDI!

Ferd_Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excited to see this build man. Seems to be going to same sort of direction my build is going. I sent you my email for those parts I'm ording

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excited to see this build man. Seems to be going to same sort of direction my build is going. I sent you my email for those parts I'm ording
Thanks Rodney! Pleasure talking with you the other day.

Final update and I’m all caught up-

Coolant overflow deleted for space for the intake. Remove the brackets and threaded the inside inner fender to attach the washer fluid reservoir

Popped a valve cover off to check rocker wear, engine is super clean, rare to see them this clean, even all the valve seals are still intact.

Rocker wear looked decent, the ones out of this engine are on the bottom, what you don’t want to look like is above. I think this engine is gonna be golden.

Took a second to torque all the rockers down because they do walk out over time. Took a valve cover gasket off the shelf and got the cover torqued back down. Plugged the oil feed hole, filled the oil up and installed a motorcraft fl1995. Fired the engine up and oil pressure is good.

rewbrooks50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Wes for this thread. I was sweating the condition of the engine after you said you needed to pull the valve covers and oil filter. Good news on your findings.

I am looking forward to the new turbo and performance tuning upgrades.

And thanks to others for the kind remarks on my truck.

Rick

rewbrooks50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the truck painted red about a year ago. I have been following upgrades recommended from this site. I finally made the five hours trip to Wes. I have him look over the entire truck for recommendations and re-doing some of my work.

Rick

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I have been following upgrades recommended from this site. I finally made the five hours trip to Wes. I have him look over the entire truck for recommendations and re-doing some of my work.
I'm sure that you'll be happy with the truck when you get it back.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They came out sweet, letting those finish curing them once the turbo comes back from machining it will all go back together. Turbo bearing housing wasn’t saveable so only thing that won’t be new on that turbo will be the housings ;Sweet

Stripped and painted the fuel filter bracket

Installed

Fresh fuel filter installed with atf. Moved the wiring over for the sensors and fuel heater

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Roughed out the porting for the intake hat inlet, just need to pick up some more sanding drums to polish it up

Front brakes done

Plugged the turbo feed and dropped a spare na intake on and took the truck up and down the driveway to get up to temp. Lifters took awhile to pump up but once it was up to temp it sounded healthy and quit smoking. Even with the fresh fuel filter fuel pressure was dropping to zero under light throttle, going to swap out the prefilter and see if we can get some of the lost pressure back.

rewbrooks50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The fuel pressure as always been zero most of the time when driving. Before starting pressure will be 4to5 psi. Even with new filters.
Thanks for checking it out Wes.

All your work looks great. Very happy it is in your hands.

Rick