project: Lucille

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok so, i got the front fenders sanded for some primer. i have to touch up a few spots on the inside but mostly concerned on the outside so i can get sanding. i stripped it right to metal, not really sure if the primer on them is any good or not so i just took it off.

You must be registered for see images attach

i also have a $300 order on lmc that consists of front cab mounts, core support mounts and a cab mount support for the left side. its all in stock so maybe i can get that that in quick.

the plan is to rip it all apart do the cab mounts and put it all back together with the new parts.

i would still like to do the 38 gallon rear tank. i see rock auto has one and lmc has one. are they both the same? or does anyone prefer one over the other?

Last edited:

tjsea

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my 38 gallon tank through rock auto. I'm thinking no matter where you get them they are the same manufacturer. I believe mine was spectre.

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
bam!!!!!!! got a little done. just have to drain the coolant and suck the Freon out and the rest can come apart.

some cancer shots..

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got some more apart tonight.

Was very successful at getting antifreeze all over the place...

Took some pictures, I'll post them up tomorrow.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice progress so far was curious how much modifications do you need to fit a 38 gallon tank or even two 20 gallon tanks under the bed where as mine just has two stock 12 1/2 gallon ones

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with the 38 gallon you just need longer straps and longer pickup tube. it fits in the same spot in the rear of the frame.

the stock tanks you have should be 18 and 19 gallon.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with the 38 gallon you just need longer straps and longer pickup tube. it fits in the same spot in the rear of the frame.

the stock tanks you have should be 18 and 19 gallon.

Unless the showerheads fell off, then 12.5 sounds about right lol!

no mufflers

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
things are still moving along. got to post some pictures. i got the engine bay harness out and took some other things out of the way. my cab parts should be in shortly so next on the list is to get the cab loose and lift it up to do the mounts.

@trackspeeder want an opinion on this, the issue i am having with my E4 is last year i had a local shop rebuild the converter. i left the trans alone other than that. it was working fine until the drive to KY. on the highway if i let off the throttle and coast down a hill at 70 mph with the converter unlocked the line temp would spike to 250 and slowly keep going until i got back on the throttle and the converter would lock and the temps would go back to 210. then i noticed just as i got back home the converter would start to slip on lockup. it makes a decent shift and if you are light on the throttle it will go into lockup but if you lay into it you can feel it star to slip.

im to short on time to do trans rebuild. does it sound like just a converter problem? if i can do something to help i will but was just going to hope for the best on the drive to VA.