Project Big Red

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've really had good luck with Discount Body Parts. They're parts seem to be packaged really well, and the ones I've purchased have been received without damage. Check out these pics of the radiator core support I bought for my truck. Box inside of a box and the core support was also in a plastic bag.
You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The parts I got from LMC were done that way and really seem to be pristine. I think this one is totally on the freight company. I bought the hood from Rock Auto. It seems like they are going to make good on it. I talked to Devin last night and I flat asked him how it was supposed to be packaged when he asked me what I wanted to do about this. I just told him straight out that I saw no chance of getting an acceptable product delivered if what I recieved was the standard packaging. He described just what you show above and pretty much how my fenders etc. were packed. I could have lived with a minor ding (although I wouldn't have been happy about it) but we were well beyond that. I also shared with him my displeasure for the punctuality of the delivery company. Hopefully that message will be heard as well. If you make enough people unhappy, eventually it will start to cause you problems. Again, so long as it's made right, I have no problems doing business with them again. Stuff happens. It's how you deal with it after it does that shows what kind of business you are.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've really had good luck with Discount Body Parts. They're parts seem to be packaged really well, and the ones I've purchased have been received without damage. Check out these pics of the radiator core support I bought for my truck. Box inside of a box and the core support was also in a plastic bag.

you knoiw thats a gasser core support, right?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hood arrived....mangled.

Shipping another. It's way worse than the picture shows. Glad I waited since Friday for it. [emoji35]

The outside box is just gone. My old hoods were way better than that.

wow thats way beyond mangled!

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, it's the only thing available. Both of the core supports I have are shot thanks to northeast road salt! I'll use the new core support and replace the bottom "hoop" portion with one from the diesel. Then powder coat the entire thing.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should start grabbing the ones from the junkyard here,
I can get them for about 200 out the door.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next new hood supposed to arrive Thursday morning... we shall see.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As they say, I'm pretty much pot committed at this point. Several times I've thought about junking it and starting over. I'm trying to spend money in the right places so if she falls apart on me, I can move the goodies to the next one.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one looks okay. Nice and thick. Heavy too. Yellow sticker is the CAPA cert.

No I just have to figure out what to do with it. I guess it's got to hang from the rafters. Not sure I'm man enough to do it by myself.

Hope it fits.

Last edited:

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
It was a PITA when I switched hoods by myself, twice, but I was younger and had more muscle then. Not that I'm not still technically young at pre-30, but the muscle isn't there anymore and my back isn't straight anymore either. I always grabbed the back of the hood and the front lip right down the center and heaved it up and into place. Just watch your fingers.

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Awesome glad it showed up OK. Hoods always suck to move by yourself.

-Jeremy

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it in the rafters. Just needs to hang there until I'm ready to prime it. Looking up at it hanging, it looks really straight. If it fits it's a win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk

Members online