Project: asmith

jericho

Reaction score
Try heating up the hose with a thermostat controlled heat gun, or hair dryer on high until the rubber is soft, but not melting, then tighten the hose clamp. And grease the threads on the clamp first before you tighten.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it really bums me out that i lost probably half of the pictures that i took durring the install of my tank, but here are the last ones i could find.
I did a lot of reading on different setup for how to fix the fill issue on these tanks and basically ended up copying @IDIoit I took a step bit to my brand new tank and put about a 3/4 inch hole near the fill neck connector, but as high as i could get it. Then i pulled the whole inner hose out of the fill neck and drilled another hole on the top side. I scuffed the metal around both holes real well so it was nice and rough. I took some 3/4" hose fittings and screwed the threads into the holes as best I could, then put some of the JB weld epoxy stuff around the fittings and let it set up. Here is how the final product ended up. It works great!! Full blast on the pumps and you can hear the air escaping out.
You must be registered for see images attach

Then this is a picture of the pump and filters setup installed in the truck. It is inside the frame tucked up as high as i could get it, where the front tank used to be.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Kevo1288 sorry for the late reply but got busy and forgot all about you asking cost and such.

At first i was only going to run one filter and I found a tech article on here called Yet another water seperator alternative. So I just used what he did, the base is water separator base part# is 89309, the filter is part# 86123. I got both at carquest. it was actually kind of expensive for what it ended up being. The base was like $60 and the filter was like $20. I thought i was set, but then I got to reading and the micron rating on that filter is not very good, I for get exactly what it was but something like 10. Also the thread pitch on that base is weird so no that many filters fit it.
That got me worried so I did some more research and ended up buying a wix filter base 24770. The casting on it was much worse, but it was like half the cost. I bought the cat filters because they are cheap and really good and flow a lot of fuel. They are used on many of the newer diesels that flow WAY more fuel than ours and need it to be way cleaner.

The fuel pump is a holley knock off recommended by IDIoit. it is a 100gph pump that comes with a real holley fuel pressure regulator. it is sold by skip white on ebay as a bundle for $75 the kit number is s-6253-kit.

So far I have been really happy with the set up. I don't have the warning light hooked to anything any more, but the engine never stumbles and if I stomp on it, it will blow black, which it never did before. I go over a pretty good grade pretty consistently about 7% for several miles and my fuel does not hold me back at all. where as before when I was having issues, I could barely make it up, it would cut in and out and cough and sputter.
Now i just need to get some exhaust leaks fixed and should be good to go.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looking good! that fast fill mod rocks! i absolutely love it.
facet delete for the win!!!
glad shes back up to par!
also, if you take a look at how i attached the down pipe, im pretty sure i put a v band clamp on the bottom of the down pipe.
ive been using those for a while, and they rock!

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looking good! that fast fill mod rocks! i absolutely love it.
facet delete for the win!!!
glad shes back up to par!
also, if you take a look at how i attached the down pipe, im pretty sure i put a v band clamp on the bottom of the down pipe.
ive been using those for a while, and they rock!

yep there is a vband on the bottom of the down pipe, and that is not where it is leaking that part is great. It looks like it is leaking where the crossover pipe comes in and at the top of the down pipe. I am also having an issue with the rubber exhaust hangers literally tearing all the way through. I replaced them with new ones and with in a month three of them were torn again!! not sure what is causing that. i will get a picture of it see if you guys have any ideas.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pretty much point to the slip fit castings. youre gonna have to be creative to seal that up, Russ dont have any more..

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I just received my f650 overhead console today!! in case anyone is interested the part number is BC4Z-70519A70-B the part was backordered, but I only had to wait about 2 weeks and it was delivered.

before I can install it however, I have several things to do first. I need to decide on what gauges to put in it. It can hold three and I have decided on two of them but am not sure what to do for the third. I have oil pressure, boost and EGTs in the pillar, and I am going to get fuel pressure, and coolant temp for overhead. I have a zf-5 so I don't need a trans temp gauge. What should the third one be?

The other thing I need to do is get a new headliner. The actually backing is warped and saggy. the fabric itself is in good shape and not pulling off at all. Does anyone know where I could get a new headliner for a crew cab? looking online all I can find is regular cabs, and extended cabs.

Pork_Chop50

He looks kinda hairy and slobbery to me....
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like the same as my fabrics is beginning to not stick to the foam anymore. I would really like to have the perforated vinyl style of an XL with the insulation still.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep there is a vband on the bottom of the down pipe, and that is not where it is leaking that part is great. It looks like it is leaking where the crossover pipe comes in and at the top of the down pipe. I am also having an issue with the rubber exhaust hangers literally tearing all the way through. I replaced them with new ones and with in a month three of them were torn again!! not sure what is causing that. i will get a picture of it see if you guys have any ideas.
hows the truck bud??
like a dead beat father, i gotta check in every few years :D:cheers:

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hows the truck bud??
like a dead beat father, i gotta check in every few years :D:cheers:
Its is great!! I really need to update this thread but I keep forgetting to. I daily drive it anywhere from 5-150 miles a day hauling supplies and tools and whatever else I need. Just did a new turbo, injection pump, injectors, down pipe and the your up pipe this past summer. She makes good power, but I have an exhaust leak somewhere and lots of boost leaks. Since i need it for work everyday its hard to have it down for work on it. But I am working on tracking those things down. next is power steering pump and I really want to do some '05 axles on her. Oh put new body mounts on too and it raised the cab over an inch! just slowly fixing her up, but racking up the miles at the same time.

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get that installed? Photo? Thanks!!
No I havent the headliner in my truck is all warped, not just the fabric, the actual backing. And crew cab headliners are super hard to find, plus I have been super busy. Its on the list of things to do, but i need a headliner first.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7