Possible replacement cartridge for banks turbo

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sounds like a knockoff of the Kamak turbo manufacturing.... I'm about 20 miles from this town and first off I must state this. I have lived in this area for all of my life... I have never heard of this or Kamak before. I do know Kamak address is a home up in the hills of Covina... They make oem parts. I asked. So my thoughts are this is the same type of new company even though they say they have been "making turbos" for 25 years... Yeah but did someone just buy that company and is now "living" off anothers reputation... I don't know... They haven'y sold any on Rbay yet either so how would you rate their quality. Sure they say it top of the line... Would you buy from someone that told the truth and told you there are better parts out there than ours... You would probably shop elsewhere like most would. I'm interested just like other but not willing to "test" there product on my motor although it would be a very good test bed because of how I use my truck... The price is great and it appears to be the same demensions as the Banks wheels.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe you need to see if you can stop in and have a look at their facilities if they'll let you. I'm glad I don't have to run down parts for Banks stuff.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as they arent using chinese bushings and it is balanced it should be fine.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The hot side wheel is of more importance to me. If its made of a low grade inconel material it wont last... But on the bright side if the hot wheel lets go it will just exit the tail pipe....:D Oh yes... What you said Russ. Problem is how do we know what the bushing of wheel material is made of anymore... I know Alhambra very well. The majority of business is imports from Tiwan or mainland China. I'm not knocking that... Its just a fact of doing business in the global market. Gees... I buy the import heads for our trucks and from what I have found out the Chinese heads are the best....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The hot side wheel is of more importance to me. If its made of a low grade inconel material it wont last... But on the bright side if the hot wheel lets go it will just exit the tail pipe....:D Oh yes... What you said Russ. Problem is how do we know what the bushing of wheel material is made of anymore... I know Alhambra very well. The majority of business is imports from Tiwan or mainland China. I'm not knocking that... Its just a fact of doing business in the global market. Gees... I buy the import heads for our trucks and from what I have found out the Chinese heads are the best....
i wouldn't say that too loud.
mel will tar-n-feather you for that statement:D

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have all our old american cars to melt they should make good steel. The problem is they will make anything any quality you want. I am trying some turbo's now on stuff to see how they do, I have changed the bushings out because they are 2tenths small ,and i have found machining shavings in there.