Picked up the Parts Truck

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Agnem; said:
LOL Took the family to White Castle over the IDI Weekend. First time for the boys that they remember. We made out fine, but I remember Ron telling me he didn't sleep so good that night. Was this a double redundancy check? LOL

Gee thanks Mel!:moon:

Ummm, the ole gut was a churnin pretty good. Guess it's not used to them sliders yet.:eek:
I did sleep better this time but I think it had something to do with only 3 1/2 hours of sleep the night before and a long road trip.

I can hadle it, I'm a big kid now.LOL

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Darrin, its off topic, but look up fleetfilter.com the napa/wix stuff is a heck of a lot cheaper over there. Glad you got that motor good luck for a clean install. I guess new G code injectors means a factory turbo pump is on the way as well?

Thanks, I also noticed I can buy a case of 12 off e-bay for about $125 shipped. Ron and I may go in on a case. Yes there is a new pump on the way as well but not factory. ;Really

Took the family to White Castle over the IDI Weekend. First time for the boys that they remember. We made out fine, but I remember Ron telling me he didn't sleep so good that night. Was this a double redundancy check?
Gee thanks Mel!

Ummm, the ole gut was a churnin pretty good. Guess it's not used to them sliders yet.
I did sleep better this time but I think it had something to do with only 3 1/2 hours of sleep the night before and a long road trip.

I can hadle it, I'm a big kid now

;Sweet LOL They are an aquired tase, living in St Louis MO as a kid, we had them a lot. Since there aren't any close to GR It is a bad habit to grab them whenever on any road trip. This was no exception.
Ron handled them well ;Sweet

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
We got the motor and trans out today, Pics will be posted tomorrow,..Hee Hee We got creative! ;Really

The motor looks great, I got it on the motor stand and will be cleaning it and painting it up. Hope to have it installed Saturday.

The Jasper Motors are all dynoed and the results are actually on the motor, along with a serial number. but the dyno numbers are not legiable so I am going to do some checking tomorrow and call Jasper to see what record they have of the motor.

I think that I will stick with International Grey. Any other suggestions on engine painting?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got the motor and trans out today, Pics will be posted tomorrow,..Hee Hee We got creative! ;Really

The motor looks great, I got it on the motor stand and will be cleaning it and painting it up. Hope to have it installed Saturday.

The Jasper Motors are all dynoed and the results are actually on the motor, along with a serial number. but the dyno numbers are not legiable so I am going to do some checking tomorrow and call Jasper to see what record they have of the motor.

I think that I will stick with International Grey. Any other suggestions on engine painting?

So should we take this to mean that you did not run it first? ;Really I like the gray also.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
So should we take this to mean that you did not run it first? I like the gray also.

Correct, I live life on the edge,...!:D

Well we got the motor and trans out yesterday, here are some pics.

Up, Up Up Up, ooooopss, the forklift dosn't go up high enough,..:mad: :dunno

so we took a sawzall to the top of the core support, once that was gently removed :rolleyes: it came right out!

Attachments

• SV500007.JPG
    SV500007.JPG
    433.3 KB · Views: 9
  • SV500008.JPG
    SV500008.JPG
    431.4 KB · Views: 7
  • SV500009.JPG
    SV500009.JPG
    433.6 KB · Views: 8
  • SV500010.JPG
    SV500010.JPG
    429.9 KB · Views: 7
  • SV500011.JPG
    SV500011.JPG
    432.6 KB · Views: 19

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
I sure hope that core support was already rusted or damaged in some way. I hate to see good parts destroyed in order to save some time.
John

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Correct, I live life on the edge,...!:D

Well we got the motor and trans out yesterday, here are some pics.

Up, Up Up Up, ooooopss, the forklift dosn't go up high enough,..:mad: :dunno

so we took a sawzall to the top of the core support, once that was gently removed :rolleyes: it came right out!

If'n ya had some 35's on the forklift it prolly would have cleared.:rolleyes:

Well at least ya got a 2 piece wire harness now.;Sweet

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I sure hope that core support was already rusted or damaged in some way. I hate to see good parts destroyed in order to save some time.
John

Yup it was JUNK Totally seperated at the bottom thanks to rust. But what I did screw up on was not removing the wire harness under the top of the cowl. Severed it in tway,..Ruiend a perfectly good wire harness,...:mad: cookoo

What're you going to do with that nice pretty hood, fender, and maybe doors?

They are not that pretty, The hood is dented, the doors flap when you shut them. the fenders are fair and the left one may be going on Droopy the plow truck. Most of the body parts aren't really usable.

I have just been focusing on getting the motor out and installed in my truck, once I get it running I will be taking more time on the parts truck to see what is good and sellable and then will post stuff for sale. You have first dibs on the flatbed. Then the rest will be going to the scrap yard.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online