Pick up some on board air today!

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Browsing CL for things I didn't need I came across a used Klienn train horn set; tank, compressor, horns, some wiring. Compressor is rated for 150PSI 100% duty cycle. Here's a link to the kit. I'll be getting the rest of the wiring and plumbing to get an air line off of it for tools and tires tomorrow!

Here's a link to the kit, http://kleinn.com/product/model-hk8-triple-train-horn-kit/

Any wise words for the install and do-dads to add on? Oh ya, picked it up for $250!

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow, I've got to get a crush collar that the guy before me lost, blew a line while testing. It's loud....

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's what I got, need to clean up the air lines, wiring, and make a mount for all of it to go under the bed.
You must be registered for see images attach

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice score.
ive been debating on a place to put mine.

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice score.
ive been debating on a place to put mine.

My big debate is where to run the air lines for the aux. I'm thinking out the center of the bed at the gooseneck flap, but if I'm loaded I can't get to that. I may run it into one of the side boxes, but then it's out one side only...

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my tank is mounted under the pass side rear door rocker.
with a quick disconnect on the tank.
if i wanna use the air, i just connect the hose.

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's an idea, but with a T fitting I can just have it hard plumbed 24/7. Make it as user friendly as possible. The air will mostly be used for dirtbike tires, blowing areas clean, and tires.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
with these systems, they tend to condensate.
you gotta oil it periodically.
esp with that cheap ass valve they use.
they always like to stick.
nothing says ********* like you coming into a parking lot with a stuck valve on your horn as you fumble to pull fuses,
and then proceed to cutting the air line which evacs 120 psi in a split second.
dont ask me how i know this LOL

make sure whatever you do, that you keep it well protected from stepping on it, hitting it with things, etc.

kcconfq

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That must of been a sight to see! I'm going to run the button on the panel I have for my aux lights. Out of the way and not something that will get bumped, if I can get a get for it I'll do that too. This'll make 3 levels of horns... OEM, hood mounted and these. Debating not hooking these up and just running the compressor and tank, but for how easy it is to plumb and wire I can't resist.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i upgraded to a 4 horn set up, with a industrial air valve, think was the same as you paid for your kit(just the valve) but i wont be that guy anymore lol

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this thanks was more of a "thank you richard cranium"