olives

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
IH dealer will have them, most any stanadyne authorized injection shop should have the things. Ford dealer should have a large supply of dumb looks and shrugs.
Use the search feature here on this site, in a jam , a lot of guys have cobbled up their own out of a chunk of fuel hose ;Sweet

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I might add, if you want to do away with the olives, go to a hose shop and you can get an adapter to screw into the inlet in place of that fitting that holds teh olive that will adapt to a JIC fitting and then another on your filter head and then make up a nice hose , preferably with reusable ends to go on there and you will no longer need new olives every time you have to disturb that hose ;Sweet

fordhorse

Reaction score
thank you for the quick reply im going to try the ih dealer tomorrow and hope they have them and will consider doing away with them later is that what you did if so how did it turnout

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check the parts bin in the IDI tech forum, part number is there both Ford and IH.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
thank you for the quick reply im going to try the ih dealer tomorrow and hope they have them and will consider doing away with them later is that what you did if so how did it turnout

Yes, I got rid of mine a long time ago, I love it. No more having to hunt seals every time i disturb the fuel pipe. Ive gone on to replace all of my barb fitting rubber lines with lines with push-lock fitting ends with JIC connectors Far less chance of having air/fuel leaks and much easier to take off and put back on without a fuss

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Yes, I got rid of mine a long time ago, I love it. No more having to hunt seals every time i disturb the fuel pipe. Ive gone on to replace all of my barb fitting rubber lines with lines with push-lock fitting ends with JIC connectors Far less chance of having air/fuel leaks and much easier to take off and put back on without a fuss

Can you go into a little detail on how you can convert things over to be able to not need olives?

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty simple: figure out what pipe thread you have on your filter head and then get a pipe to JIC male adapter. You will have to flare the end of the tubing to meet the 37 degree adapter, so you'll need a flaring tool and the appropriate sleeve and swivel nut.

Think AN connections and you'll be on the right track. If you're really confused, take your filter head and tube to the local hose shop and tell them what you want to get rid of and they will show you some options.

Good luck.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Can you go into a little detail on how you can convert things over to be able to not need olives?

You can get the ORB ( o ring boss )to -5 jic male fitting from any good pump shop, or hose shop it was used standard as the inlet fitting on some stanadyne pumps in different applications ( that's why I used the -5 since it was a standard pump inlet size which works out to 5/16 id which is the same as your rear fuel lines from the tanks ). I made mine up with a 90 deg fitting off the IP and a straight to the filter head where it met a jic -5 to 3/8 mip 45 deg adapter. I made sure to make up a hose with reusable ends so if out on the road and for some strange reason a 2000 psi hose decided to cut lose on me, I could just buy a chunk of hose at any hose shop out on the road, ( that type of hose being available at any heavy truck repair ) and I'd only be out the rubber and not new ends and crimp costs. Aeroquip isn't always available

It's REAL nice being able to service something related to teh pump or filter head and not have to purchase new donuts for that lame factory setup. I used to carry a little bag of those things around because they almost always leak whenever you disturb them. With a jic fitting you can olay with it everyday if you want and never have to worry about leaks ( although you might want to see someone about your obsession with fooling with your fuel system :D
See the original thread here where I wrote it up

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I know the fuel line thread fitting in the back of the injection pump is 1/2x20 national fine machine nut thread. It requires an o-ring seal too so don't attempt any other type of seal. JIC fittings will seal there because they have an o-ring for that thread. That line from the filter head is 5/16 tube and the line from the lift pump to the filter head is 3/8 tube. Both sides of the filter head fittings are 1/4 national pipe threads....

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cincinnati, give Cincinnati hose & Fittings a call, or go to www.parker.com and do a search for the closest ParkerStore to you, they will have everything you need to convert this to SAE ORB and JIC connections.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep I have bags of them, I honestly think everyone should buy a set befor they do leak chasing on the trucks. After all they have lasted 20 + years.

Plus I have been including them in the return kit purchase which I think everyone should have an extra on hand.
39.00 shipped, way cheaper than any parts store in an emergency.
Just sayin.