chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I don't travel very far too often, I usually don't worry about cheaper fuel prices too much. The prices don't vary that much in my "local" area. Even though I do use the Bronco tank in my truck, I still try to fill up after I pump fuel to the front tank. It's just a mental thing that makes me feel better spending less money. I just put $74.46 in mine for 21.16 gallons at $3.51/gal.

Yeah it's WAY easier for me to put $30-40 in every week than it would be to put $60-80 every two weeks. It's the same amount of money, but it hurts less LOL

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's WAY easier for me to put $30-40 in every week than it would be to put $60-80 every two weeks. It's the same amount of money, but it hurts less LOL
That's funny it's all just money to me. I pay my car insurance in 6-month or 12-month chunks and am totally happy to fill up the 38 gal + 19 gal tank whenever I see a good price. Around here it's not much different than what @Nero said, just dropped below $5.00/gal everywhere a couple months ago.

Although...maybe if you quite buying every **** dually IDI in a 4-state region you'd have more money for fuel! LOL :fight:
Edit: wow... s.e.x.y. is a dirty word. And just for Independence Day funsies:

You must be registered for see images attach

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drive enough that it costs the same to keep it full as it does to keep it empty. 3.49 vs 3.89 over 30 gallons is $15 difference. No big deal. I’ll go back to work. :Thumbs Up

The_Josh_Bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I don't have enough storage to buy the ones I see around me. Of course most of them are asking for more than I want to pay.
Same here for sure. I can't get another vehicle on my property without it becoming a serious PITA. 3 vehicles, 1 cabover camper, 1 14ft cargo trailer. We only have 1/3 acre lot, most of it is lawn I'm not parking on.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put $200 in mine two weeks ago maybe? It was 48 gallons..... Yeah it sucks to fill up but it's really handy if you're on a trip and find it cheap. I think I still have a little bit of $3.49/gal Virginia diesel in my tank LOL

Cheapest place local to me is $4.09 which is where I got the 48 gallons. I typically pay $4.49 I think because that's on my way and the cheap station is 20min away the opposite direction.
Don't hate me. June 29th at home in Virginia. Put 35 gallons in. Had a .70 cent a gallon discount. Got 90 in the Aux tank now. First 55 were at 3.25. If only it were actually plumbed to the rest of the fuel system. Soon I hope. Paid 3.65 here in Utah the last fill-up.
You must be registered for see images attach

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Round here in C Oregon been down to $4,20-$4.50, Shamrock down to $3.89, now back up $3.99. & all of everybody rising for summer.
My F350 Dually got my self built 135 gal bed tank, my regular front tank, & my added 38 gal Bronco rear F26E tank that I took chance on & plugged all holes up, aired it up & bulged it to a 48 gal tank that I managed to install, & no leaks.
For a total from total empty fill-up I have to swing by bank & take out a loan now-a-days!!!

I thought I was a hoarder with 140 gallons.

Nope, there's always someone with a bigger appetite. What's your total? 200 gallons?

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you Bulge it up after installing it between the Frame Rails?
Trying to viualize how it would increase in size with top and bottom straps and Frame on both sides.
I have the 38 Gallon rear tank, plus the front 19.
I know getting the rear tank in there, it just fits.

Goat

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Did you Bulge it up after installing it between the Frame Rails?
Trying to viualize how it would increase in size with top and bottom straps and Frame on both sides.
I have the 38 Gallon rear tank, plus the front 19.
I know getting the rear tank in there, it just fits.

Goat
Just found this @Old Goat had to take Carol up to OHSU Portland couple days.

For one thing I have a 4" body lift, 4" frame lift on Bessie & that helps getting bulged tank under there. When I aired it up to bulge it bigger I watched etc.....top & bottom bulged but sides didn't bulge that much comparatively.
Running my WMO mix on this rear 48 gal tank I painted it, insulated it & wrapped & wrapped it up before installing it. Built longer hanging bolts, built longer pick-up tube with "T" instead of bonnet/showerhead, built longer fuel gauge float etc.
Got ready to install it & me & one son & floorjack slid it up at an angle & wiggled & talked to it & wiggled it talked some more till it went. Lots of dirty talking! LOL LOL

Last edited:

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Make sure to lock your doors, I work in north Portland, it's getting pretty bad here.