03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to change out my trucks' (babe the blue ox) tool box.
a buddy of mine had a toolbox fuel tank combo for sale
ended up being from my calculations about 45 gal tank and enough tool box to fit all my crap.
lots of straps, air compressor, some tools, lots of idi parts like fuel hard lines, serp belt, fuel pump, some additives and fluids, etc

disassembled it. cleaned and pressure washed it, up sized the mounting hardware and installed it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice score was wondering how well those toolbox fuel tanks would fit in the bed a buddy has one sitting on a retired 7.3 roached out farm truck. Cost to fill up dont even want to know since northeastern arkansas its about 3.78 per gallon for reg diesel

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice score was wondering how well those toolbox fuel tanks would fit in the bed a buddy has one sitting on a retired 7.3 roached out farm truck. Cost to fill up dont even want to know since northeastern arkansas its about 3.78 per gallon for reg diesel

I put $200 in mine two weeks ago maybe? It was 48 gallons..... Yeah it sucks to fill up but it's really handy if you're on a trip and find it cheap. I think I still have a little bit of $3.49/gal Virginia diesel in my tank LOL

Cheapest place local to me is $4.09 which is where I got the 48 gallons. I typically pay $4.49 I think because that's on my way and the cheap station is 20min away the opposite direction.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Yep, been floating between 5.09-5.39 for the past year. Big contributor as to why I don't drive my truck much.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don`t remember what it was, But the Arco in Minden, Nv. dropped to $3.59, next week down to $3.49. About empty one the rear 38 Gal tank, got it topped off. Then a few days later jumped up to $3.55. Guess for the 4th July week end.

Reno is always high priced, but go east of there about 35 miles to Fernley, and they are over $4. $0.50 is added tax thrown on by the city.

Goat

ttman4

Last Nite's Dream..
Reaction score
Hi in the Cascades, Nearly- Redmond,Oregon
Don`t remember what it was, But the Arco in Minden, Nv. dropped to $3.59, next week down to $3.49. About empty one the rear 38 Gal tank, got it topped off. Then a few days later jumped up to $3.55. Guess for the 4th July week end.

Reno is always high priced, but go east of there about 35 miles to Fernley, and they are over $4. $0.50 is added tax thrown on by the city.

Goat
Round here in C Oregon been down to $4,20-$4.50, Shamrock down to $3.89, now back up $3.99. & all of everybody rising for summer.
My F350 Dually got my self built 135 gal bed tank, my regular front tank, & my added 38 gal Bronco rear F26E tank that I took chance on & plugged all holes up, aired it up & bulged it to a 48 gal tank that I managed to install, & no leaks.
For a total from total empty fill-up I have to swing by bank & take out a loan now-a-days!!!

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put $200 in mine two weeks ago maybe? It was 48 gallons..... Yeah it sucks to fill up but it's really handy if you're on a trip and find it cheap. I think I still have a little bit of $3.49/gal Virginia diesel in my tank LOL
Believe me I don't want to pay to fill it and not tanks up any more than the next guy.
But we took a trip down the Oregon coast to California this spring. As we drove down the coast it went from a consistent 4.09 all the way through Florence and then to jumping to 4.49 in Coos Bay/bandon near the California border in all the southern area of the coast. it then stayed at 4.49 until we hit California and went to 5.25. I filled up at 4.49, and obviously wished I had filled up previously. that sparked the idea of a transfer tank to double the fuel range for when I find cheaper fuel, or know fuel is going to go up. I may not want to spend the money all at once, but if I can save some at the same point. ok

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Since I don't travel very far too often, I usually don't worry about cheaper fuel prices too much. The prices don't vary that much in my "local" area. Even though I do use the Bronco tank in my truck, I still try to fill up after I pump fuel to the front tank. It's just a mental thing that makes me feel better spending less money. I just put $74.46 in mine for 21.16 gallons at $3.51/gal.