new to the forum, hope you guys can help me out

7.3 man

7.3 idi man
Reaction score
Welcome friend, the 7.3 IDI is the best engine in my book. I have a 1990 F-350 and I love it it pulls great I hauled logs hay you name it, it ran great I still have it today. :) My grandpa's is a 99 F-250 SD with the power stroke, it runs good but doesn't start up well in the mornings all the fuel and electrical system are in order. It has 96,000 miles it's just how it is. Mine will start up before the 2nd crank.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
ALL HEUI engine's take longer to start. Especially when it's cold out.
Has to build pressure with the HPOP. Also think about the lower compression. Etc...

What kinda bed you putting on it?

zmck150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just another regular 8ft dually bed... The one that was on there origionally was a pos it rotted around all the seams holding the bed together. id drive down the road with the bed rails flapping all over the place lol. ill upload pics of everything tomorrow if you guys want

LSOSGT1109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely post up some pics when you get it put back together. You have a fairly rare truck cause OBS F350's didn't come from the factory in a crew cab dually 4x4 configuration. Which means that it's been modified at some point, either it was a 2wd that was converted to 4x4 or it was originally a SRW truck and someone converted it to a DRW truck. Not a bad thing, just not as common as factory configuration trucks. As far as how the truck is running, maybe you just thought it was running good when you first got it! LOL. Wait until you get a new IP and new injectors in it, you won't believe the difference it'll make!

zmck150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea the bed was very sketchy. i am going to guess and assume that it was origionally a SRW because the door jam says 9200. it was a auto transport truck and i knew i was gonna be getting myself into a project, i just was unaware of the engine issues. i cant wait to get fuel system done but i have to get it back on the road asap so i can catch up on all the side jobs i need it for. heres a couple of pics some when i first got it(no tint and side skirts) all the way up until it sitting in my driveway in pieces. i just wire wheeled and primed the frame yesterday (still a little more to do)
You must be registered for see images attach