new icjectors or upgrade ones i have?

BP6.9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey yall ik this has prlly been asked a million times before but can u make stock injectors high performance? and if so ho do u do it? or should i just by dps stage one injectors?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
those who are "in the know" on power building will tell you there is a tipping point where you can only get so much in fuel atomization and fuel volume out of a stock injector. by changing your pop pressure, you will either get more of one and less of the other. there's nothing you can do about, it's inversely proportional. The DPS stage ones have their followers and detractors. You will have to make up your mind in what you're willing to live with. unfortunately, everything in life is a compromise. do your homework here via the search engine and you will learn about everyone's stories.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well as posted so well above its true... Now here is what you can do if you have shims and a pop tester. staring off with a good set of Bb code injectors increasing the pop pressure to 2100 lbs will help atomize the fuel better. But now your working the pump harder and you timing has changed if you don't retime the engine after increasing the pop pressure. So now your into this about $500.00 for the timing meter and pop tester. And if you have never done this work the learning curve is killer. Just buying the dps injectors will not give you all that hp. You need a turbo and pump to go along with it. Give them a call and talk thru it with Ken. Is this something a friend told you to do or did you think this up. Friends are good for telling you what to do when it really wont work like they say it will. Members here have actuallt done this testing for you already and are will in to share what does and doesn't work.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
HA!! I have lots of friends like that!! In fact, all my friends are like that! As long as they aren't spending their own money its all good....