need gp info in one thread

6.5dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read mine a long time ago, and chose to ignore that advice. After all, if it is 90 degrees outside, I see no benefit in putting the throttle half way down and having my engine rev to life at some 2000+ RPM with no oil circuilating in it yet. ;Really I strongly feel that 80% of the guidance manufactures give is to reduce emissions (to make the EPA happy), and coincidentally, those same instructions lead to the early replacement of parts. What incentive is there for them to give you instructions on how to make your engine and truck last longer?

you do have a point there but as soon as it starts to hit i let off and it comes to life at idle. when it's that hot outside, i wont even touch the pedal

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
If everything is right on the engine it should be running as soon as you touch the switch

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
those same instructions lead to the early replacement of parts. What incentive is there for them to give you instructions on how to make your engine and truck last longer?

I have heard that before also. That's why they don't paint the inside of the doors and galvanize the metal in areas like they should. They want you to buy a new truck eventually.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online