need a favor!

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I had a guy call me today because he had the front accessories stolen from the engine he was swapping into his service truck
He has an 88 s-1600 that he makes his living with. The engine orignal cavitated so he got a new one. While swapping engines some **** stole his new starter, exhaust manifolds and all of the brackets and accessories for his truck. He really needs this thing up and going so he can pay bills. If you have any of the mentioned parts for sale or know where to get them please pm or call me

Thank you Obn brothers!
Wayne

89dieselbko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wont let me send you a PM, but i have a set of manifolds he can have for 25+shipping (in im central PA)

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Just to be sure, the ford pickup stuff is different then the s-series international stuff

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is location X?

What accessories does he need, is it V-belt or serpentine?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I'm really not sure but I thought the passenger side of the 1600 truck engines used the van or truck drivers side exhaust manifold installed backwards. I think its the van but I really never looked that close at them. Really not sure what manifold was on the drivers side or where it mts to either.

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I know the manifolds drop are to the front. I also know it has a different power steering pump, air compressor and alt.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I really wonder why some creep stole all the front of the engine and the manifolds. Maybe for scrap value only. Finding these parts is going to be tuff. You will need to find a 1600 engine in a wrecking yard or one someone has no idea what they have or want to do with it. Sometimes I have seen these engines on ebay with the seller saying they fit the pickup truck we have here. We know they don't so maybe thats another source for the parts..