my fauct pump install pics

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Between the filter and ip, or between filter and selector valve. I thought the pump was built to pull?

Between the FSV and the Baldwin filter. I've read nothing on the Facet website that it had to be up in the engine bay or that having it close to the tanks is an issue. Lots of folks have run them down on the frame rail without problems.;Sweet

CLICK HERE.

Heath

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was told to have the filters after the pump, let us know how it keeps up there jonathan, are you heating the fuel before or just running it?

i am just running it "cold". the bad thing is geting it to fire up when its cold. tomorrow im going to bypass the controler. and on the the filter thing i using one of those cheap inline filters as a pre filter before the pump

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah when i floor it for a few min it cuts in and out. with out the prefilter would probly would help. i dont think anyone else is tring to run high amounts of wmo. btw did you see my pre filter thread? its why i have a pre filter

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Where did you guys use 3/8" hose that it fit correctly? Everything on mine is 5/16" save the short piece that originally went from the fuel line near the engine to the fuel pump inlet.

BTW, I redid my whole filter setup again, haha...I replumbed my pump so the tank feeds directly into the pump. The pump then sends the fuel through a 14 micron fuel/water separator (Fleetguard FS1214/Napa 3439), then I pulled the stock filter head and put in an extra one I had, with a Baldwin BF7633 2 micron filter on it. Worked out great because this filter has a provision for a bleeder plus I was able to reuse the small air bleed fitting from the factory filter head on a spare inlet opening on the head.

Plus, I ordered the CORRECT carter fuel pump (P4594, 72 gph/8 psi) to replace the 5 psi one I mistakenly ordered.

I'm looking to do my new IP and injectors next week and I should have a great fuel system setup ;Sweet

Eventually, when I get around to replacing the radiator, I'm gonna run the fuel through the tranny cooler on the bottom of the radiator to heat it up, also.

My return lines are 5/16th but the feed lines from my tank are 3/8ths

7C-IDI

Reaction score
Just wanted to add my install to the thread.

I bolted my pump to the metal plate that helps support the battery tray. No fabbing required and the pump is nice and tucked away. Almost like it belongs there...

vbpgimage.php

I mounted my relay next to the starter relay. The Summit Racing relay kit came with a 1/4" sheet metal screw that fit perfectly into an existing (factory?) hole on the fender. I was also able to use the same screw as a ground.

vbpgimage.php

I chose to leave the stock lift pump and hardline attached as sort of a just in case option. I might pull it out and block it off eventually, but for now I don't see it being a real problem. You also see that the trigger wire for the fuel pump relay (yellow) is running to the small ignition post of the GPR.

vbpgimage.php

Only thing left to do now is get some zip ties to clean things up a bit, and maybe upgrade from the standard Gates hose to something bio-compatible.

Fordman75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will there be a problem if I mount a goldenrod filter before the pump? :dunno

I've got everything for my set up but haven't had a chance to install it yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7