my fauct pump install pics

OB_WAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also went with 3/8". perfect fit to the existing hard-line feed from the tanks.

And there was one more thing I noticed while removing the existing fitting that attached to the filter(the 1/4 NPT fitting). the hardline fitting that goes on to the 90 NPT contains some form of a rubber washer to seal it. mine was partially disintegrated causing a bit of a leak. replacing it with a solid brass 90 was a good choice for me.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you guys using 1/4" inner diameter hose? I'm trying to figure out what to buy for hose to install. There is a good hose place nearby that I want to go get goodyear hose at.

Eric, like posted before, 3/8 hose. The barb's on the FSV and on the hard line going under the engine are 3/8 barb fittings.

Heath

ghunt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you guys use 3/8" hose that it fit correctly? Everything on mine is 5/16" save the short piece that originally went from the fuel line near the engine to the fuel pump inlet.

BTW, I redid my whole filter setup again, haha...I replumbed my pump so the tank feeds directly into the pump. The pump then sends the fuel through a 14 micron fuel/water separator (Fleetguard FS1214/Napa 3439), then I pulled the stock filter head and put in an extra one I had, with a Baldwin BF7633 2 micron filter on it. Worked out great because this filter has a provision for a bleeder plus I was able to reuse the small air bleed fitting from the factory filter head on a spare inlet opening on the head.

Plus, I ordered the CORRECT carter fuel pump (P4594, 72 gph/8 psi) to replace the 5 psi one I mistakenly ordered.

I'm looking to do my new IP and injectors next week and I should have a great fuel system setup ;Sweet

Eventually, when I get around to replacing the radiator, I'm gonna run the fuel through the tranny cooler on the bottom of the radiator to heat it up, also.

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eventually, when I get around to replacing the radiator, I'm gonna run the fuel through the tranny cooler on the bottom of the radiator to heat it up, also.

I've heard this mentioned before. I looked on my truck and I can not figure out where this tranny cooler connection is at. Does anyone have any pics of this?

Thanks,
Mark

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where did you guys use 3/8" hose that it fit correctly? Everything on mine is 5/16" save the short piece that originally went from the fuel line near the engine to the fuel pump inlet.

As posted below, My '86 trucks are 3/8's.:dunno
Eric, like posted before, 3/8 hose. The barb's on the FSV and on the hard line going under the engine are 3/8 barb fittings.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard this mentioned before. I looked on my truck and I can not figure out where this tranny cooler connection is at. Does anyone have any pics of this?

Thanks,
Mark

Sorry, no photos, but there are two plugs on the bottom of your radiator in the bottom tank. One on the driver's side and one on the passenger's side.

Heath

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Here's something I just saw. The last time I ran my truck was on Sunday and today when I was showing a buddy the engine I noticed that my gauge on the fuel filter was still showing 3psi. I hit the schrader valve and bled off some pressure to make sure the gauge wasn't stuck. Guess my system is pretty tight. Another good reason to add the pressure gauge.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if a 3/8 rubber hose will fit over a factory palstic selecter valve barb?

Yes, it is 3/8. Take the nylon line off the factory barb, but don't disconnect the barbed fitting from the FSV. It's a PITA and no need to do so. It is easier to get to if you unbolt the FSV from the frame. I just used a belt knife to cut a slit in the old nylon line and it slipped right off. I put the fuel hose on with a clamp and it was good to go.

Heath

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Yes, it is 3/8. Take the nylon line off the factory barb, but don't disconnect the barbed fitting from the FSV. It's a PITA and no need to do so. It is easier to get to if you unbolt the FSV from the frame. I just used a belt knife to cut a slit in the old nylon line and it slipped right off. I put the fuel hose on with a clamp and it was good to go.

Heath

thats exactly what i did when i replaced the hard lines between the FSV to the rear tank. sucks living in the rust belt sometimes.:rolleyes:

jonathan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quick update these pumps will pump 75% wmo and 25% diesel fuel. so far 60 miles and counting.

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
Been thinking about getting a facet pump, but I was curious about how it will affect my frame mounted goldenrod filter. The facet is a puller and therefor must pull from the tank plus go through the filter. Will it cause any problems having it plumbed that way?

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i was told to have the filters after the pump, let us know how it keeps up there jonathan, are you heating the fuel before or just running it?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online