my fauct pump install pics

GenLightening

Yeah, it's a CHEVY!
Reaction score
Well gentleman, just got this installed today. At idle my fuel gauge is reading 5psi. As soon i i get on the throttle she drops and pegs out at zero???

Notice that in hammering the throttle, with 10 lbs of boost, etc the truck does not seem to be starving for fuel??

Is this just the pump, or the gauge.

As for how this is setup, the sender is inbetween the pump and the factory fuel filter head.

Seems like mine read like that when I had a leak in the IP. Once I changed it and the injectors it's now at 7psi at idle.

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update on this....the pumps bowl is fills to about 1/3-1/2 full at idle. at 2500 rpm it remains the same level in the bowl. But according to the gauge it is reading 0psi? But like I said before....it has zero effect on how it runs??

I did verify that the gauge is wired correctly.

Any ideas on why pressure would drop that low?

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick update on this....the pumps bowl is fills to about 1/3-1/2 full at idle. at 2500 rpm it remains the same level in the bowl. But according to the gauge it is reading 0psi? But like I said before....it has zero effect on how it runs??

I did verify that the gauge is wired correctly.

Any ideas on why pressure would drop that low?

My fuel bowl is 9/10th full and fills up during idle, I'm guessing you have a leak or restriction in the line...

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the bowl on mine only fills up like 1/10th! you guys are doing better than me.i wounder what the problem is then.i have a pretty much all new fuel system.
did i get a dud pump lol.seems to be working just fine though.
i have it mounted laying down yes,but i had it upright before i mounted it to make sure there was no change first.it didn't matter if it was standing up or laying down.only a small portion of the bowl fills.

i think i need a new ip,so iv got one coming from U-haul.but that's after the e-pump of course and shouldn't effect that right?

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i checked that as soon as i installed it and saw only a tiny bit of fuel.it was good(i dunno what it was now,but it matched the battery.)
i even ran a direct power feed to the bat just be sure the relay wasn't doing anything funny but same thing.the ground is directly hooked to the bat.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing ya could try is running a jug of diesel straight to the pump...

If it is full then I'd look for restriction at tank/ line. Could be broken pickup in tank:dunno

pennsylvaniabo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing ya could try is running a jug of diesel straight to the pump...

If it is full then I'd look for restriction at tank/ line. Could be broken pickup in tank:dunno

Yeh thats the only thing i could think that would be screwing it up. Besides i have to reseal the block off plate so that will get done asap.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I know why its hard to start first try, I think my IP is leaking, the pump can only prime the filters/fuel and return lines right? If the IP leaks it will have some air in it that can only be purged by turning over? Just thought to make sure.

It tries to start first time and then loses its gusto, if it were in better shape I'd be willing to bet it would start & stall just like the typical symptoms. Second try it fires right up :dunno

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Are you guys using 1/4" inner diameter hose? I'm trying to figure out what to buy for hose to install. There is a good hose place nearby that I want to go get goodyear hose at.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Are you guys using 1/4" inner diameter hose? I'm trying to figure out what to buy for hose to install. There is a good hose place nearby that I want to go get goodyear hose at.

I used 5/16" all around on mine since that's the size of the OD of the steel lines going to the tanks aft of the FSV. the dimeter inside teh FSV goes down to 1/4 and the id of teh steel lines gets mighty close to it but I fighre 5/16 is good. Most folks go nuts and use 3/8" but with the restriction at the tanks it isn't going to gain anything.
In teh factory setup there's a very small section of 3/8 between the factory lift pump and the filter and an some between the fsv and the lift pump, but it's not going to change the restriction in the fsv and teh rest of the system

I went with manual valves and 5/16 all teh way around and it's nice and balanced and no 1/4" restrictions

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i went with 3/8". got a nice tight fit over the flares. was about the same price anyway:dunno

I've got two manual valves myself but opted to leave them out since i read the duralift has its own checkvalve.. easy addon later anyway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanohawk