my dyno numbers are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have issues with my felpro gaskets and studs but boost rarely goes above 6 PSI for me (insert ranting here). I'm thinking of junking my 088 eventually and going with some sort of wastegated setup.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is this engine balanced and blue printed?

NMB2

Dunce
Reaction score
I don't have issues with my felpro gaskets and studs but boost rarely goes above 6 PSI for me (insert ranting here). I'm thinking of junking my 088 eventually and going with some sort of wastegated setup.

Sorry if this has already been asked, but is this engine balanced and blue printed?

Its not a wastegated vs non-WG issue. the 088 has a huge hot side, vs the small hot side on the 093.

No, I never even pulled this engine from the truck.. I stripped it down to the block and built it back up.

but now that I know I can make the power I thought I could... just wait a few months to see the results for the new truck/motor I'm building. You guys are going to see about 400rwhp/650rwtq... without a maxxed out fuel system... I promise.

Myself and Ken have some pretty wicked stuff in store that will all be debuted on my new engine. In addition to the parts Ken is going to test on my truck, I will have lots of parts that I am going to in-house build that if enough interest in shown, I would produce a run of. I'm talking stuff like custom exhaust housings, intakes, other exhaust parts, modded turbo's and hats. Just let me build all of this and test it with a full build (I consider what I have done right now a partial build, as I always planned more) and I can start helping people out.

93cc7.3

needs turbo power
Reaction score
I am impressed and I think one of the reasons these motors don't make high hp normaly is because us owners settle for good ol dependable stock numbers.... I like you am not one of those people but right now I have to settle because I currently just don't have the money I have a very nice turbo system peiced together (t70 garett) but I am waiting for funds to finish getting my second motor ready so someday I hope to be where you are on a build but for now good work and good luck. P.s. I am glad to see someone finally put some money where their mouth is I'm in the boat as most wanting to build a idi monster but all these constat threads of " I just bought an idi and want to make 500 hp " is getting old because no one ever does it I'm not going to make a thread like that until its running in my truck .. if I offended anyone I'm sorry but its been disapointing to see so much hype and no work

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...im glad youve had good luck with dps parts! maybe he's changed and makes good parts now?...

Ken could always do good work. The problem was doing it consistently, and for more than one person.

letsfindout

Reaction score
Very nice job on the numbers. ;Sweet

One idea for your next run(s) is see if the shop has a optical rpm pickup. That's what we use up here for the diesels. Stick a piece of reflective tape on the balancer, and clamp the optical sensor on where convenient. Your torque won't change, but your HP number will properly reflect the torque output @ RPM.

Can't wait to see what she does when the other goodies are in :sly

- Ken @ DPS

letsfindout

Reaction score
those are good numbers! im glad youve had good luck with dps parts! maybe he's changed and makes good parts now? cant wait for the numbers with higher boost

We've always made good parts. The problems arise when people order parts without telling us the entire application and expect them to work wonders. ie, putting Stage 1 sticks in a N/A engine and expecting no smoke, putting injectors in an engine with a wiped out pump and expecting it to "fix" a problem, putting a turbo pump on a N/A engine and expecting miracles, putting injectors in on a improperly timed engine without re-timing and expecting them to fix a problem, etc. etc. I could go on.

Another wrench that gets thrown in is when, if someone has a problem, whether legitimate or otherwise, tearing the injectors apart and sending them to the local diesel shop to get "fixed" instead of sending them back here for warranty or calling us to try and figure out what's going on. Of course anyone with a pop-tester is going to squawk about what the spray pattern of our injectors looks like, but it is working for the designed use - getting more fuel out quicker. I'm not going to argue the physics/theories as to why these things work great in a pre-combustion, turbocharged engine as we have over 275 sets of these on the market and I can count the number of people that have gotten back a hold of us with actual problems with the injectors on one hand (the number is 5 BTW). Out of those 5, 1 was a wrong app (smoked too much on a n/a engine). Problem fixed by swapping out a set of stock reman injectors. The other 4 were failures (cup cracked, threads stripped while installing, spring broke (2) and they were all handled by warranting out the units.

I'm not here to argue with anyone or bash any products. It seems that a lot of the "problems" we're hearing about is someone's neighbor's cousin's roommate's friend had an issue. Our biggest issue we had was when idi injector sales started to really take off, we would run out of cores on a regular basis and that would slow down shipping. We give customers 2 weeks to send their cores back to us, and that bit us in the butt. Orders would back up and we would be running around trying to find injectors. This is a non-issue anymore as we have found a source for almost unlimited cores if the need arises. If you actually have a problem with product that we sold, call the shop. You can't expect to get anything taken care of if you don't call us.

The shop is growing at an exponential rate right now and we may not be able to get to the phone on every call, but leave a message and someone WILL get back to you. We're still working on getting a hot secretary, but they are hard to come by :D

- Ken

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Ibut boost rarely goes above 6 PSI for me (insert ranting here). I'm thinking of junking my 088 eventually and going with some sort of wastegated setup.

Same here :dunno That said a friend of mine can easily and fairly quickly hit 15psi with his 088 and that's with only an open element cone filter and a 4" exhaust.

Rot Box

Northern Utah
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Ken ;Sweet

Lots of die-hard IDI guy's here it will be great to have ya!

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok ken
i think you need a vendor username
you get a lot of flame here and deserve the right to defend it and if you can make one pump do this you have some knolege and skill
now i have not used youre products
nor mels for that matter
but i have big things planned for an idi
and would apprieciate youre input in some areas as so would others im sure
thnaks for youre continued effort to make these things better

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to see you posting here again Ken, and good to see your product getting renewed interest. ;Sweet

liddledoggie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been running dps pump and injectors since 06. 65,000mi. later there still running good. theres dyno results at 09 rally some where on this site. joe

FordGuy100

Reaction score
been running dps pump and injectors since 06. 65,000mi. later there still running good. theres dyno results at 09 rally some where on this site. joe

Non turbo results

2 Name Horsepower Torque ft/lbs
4 John Herbert 143.9 261.3
5 Marnin Gehman 137.4 257.1
6 Heath Sutton 123.2 218.7
7 Matthias Agne 108.8 229.1

Turbo results

10 Heath Sutton- DPS inj 185.1 404.0
11 Heath Sutton MM's 178.7 387.9
12 Joe Perry 172.5 313.6
13 Suzi Agne 151.9 284.2
14 Steve Reitner 150.0 300.3
15 Chris Barber 148.7 278.8
16 Jared Whitmer 136.0 304.1

Powerstrokes

20 Gary Russell 302.8 557.2
21 Aric Hornsby 301.9 543.7
22 Bonnie Young 181.8 373.3

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ford guy so everyone else without a pump logo mm or dps had a stock setup?
i think heath is a good base here as hes had all 3 pumps
but we need to gather all dyno results somewhere together with mods etc.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
my name is Witmer not Whitmer but i degress, mine was the lowest but mine is also not really turned up at all. at the time i was running the stock fuel system with about 170k on it with the pump turned up two flats. i also have a stock ats system that i have not touched the wastgate on and max out about 7-8 psi boost so i am no screeming demon and it shows. thats running through a ZF-5 to.

thats my story......

Status
Not open for further replies.